Aquatic and Leisure Centres
Council’s aquatic and leisure centres and Brickpit Stadium will reopen on Monday, 6 July 2020.
Hornsby Shire Libraries are open in accordance with the latest COVID-19 safety guidelines from NSW Government.
Our libraries are operating with limited hours, and we encourage you to use our Click & Collect service to keep your visit as brief as possible.
We are progressively increasing services and opening hours over the coming months based on advice from state and federal government.
For more details, please see our Library page.
Council’s community centres are open for public access.
Please see the Terms and Conditions page to review the hirer’s responsibilities in response to COVID-19. Please contact the Venue Management Team on 9847 6050 or email@example.com with any enquiries.
Parks and Reserves
Council’s playgrounds, outdoor fitness equipment, skate parks and tidal pools are open for community use. The public gathering rule of no more than 20 people applies in these areas.
Please note the following:
- Caution is urged when using these areas.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Please observe current government guidelines for social distancing and gatherings of people.
- It is your responsibility to leave an area if it is too busy.
- Ensure thorough hand washing or use of hand sanitiser before and after use.
- Maintain good hygiene practices for the safety of our community.
For more information on what you can and can’t do in NSW please see: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under-rules#upcoming-changes
Council’s sportsgrounds are open for the use of community sports. The use of our grounds will be subject to Council’s normal terms and conditions for your seasonal booking, and to all current federal and state government directives, public health orders and guidelines set by individual sporting codes being observed.
For more information, please see our FAQs.
Thornleigh Community Recycling Centre
The CRC is open during its normal operational hours:
Tuesday to Friday 8.30am-4pm; and
The following COVID-19 control measures are be in place:
- All CRC customers must stay in their vehicles until directed into a drop-off bay by staff.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be located at each drop-off bay.
- Customers will be required to self-unload their items and place them in the relevant receptacles as directed by Council staff.
- Customers must ensure they can self-unload their items without assistance from Council staff. Residents should bring along a member from their household to assist if required.
- All customers must maintain social distancing while unloading and depositing items.
- If the CRC experiences high demand or excessive queuing within the facility, the front gates will be temporarily closed and the below messaging placed on the gates:Access to the Thornleigh Community Recycling Centre is temporarily closed, due to high demand.
- We will reopen as soon as possible.
The Waste Customer Service Counter is closed.
Phone: 9847 4856
Good Hygiene Practices
Wash your hands
- After coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose, wash your hands with soap and water
- Use alcohol-based hand cleansers if you do not have access to soap and water
Cover your cough
- When coughing or sneezing, use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth
- Dispose of tissue afterwards
- If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow