Galston Aquatic & Leisure Centre
Galston Aquatic & Leisure Centre (GALC) is open.
Learn to Swim
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation and the emergence of active cases in Hornsby Shire, Frog and Goldfish Learn to Swim levels are suspended for the remainder of Term 3 at both HALC and GALC.
If you have elected to take a credit over to the next term (once lessons re-commence), your free family swim pass will be valid to the end of this current term.
Social distancing measures have been introduced for all other levels, which will continue to run as per the current program, however there will be minor changes to the format of your child’s lessons. These changes are necessary for the health and wellbeing of our students and our staff, which is always our top priority.
During the Learn to Swim term, from 3.30pm onwards daily all patrons (including parents) using the HALC leisure pool and spa will need a wristband. 20 wristbands will be issued every hour on the half hour for a 60-minute session. At the end of the session, you will be asked to hop out of the pool.
Learn to Swim Term 4
Re-enrolment for Aquafun Swim School for Term 4 2020 will open on Monday 7 September.
- To keep your same time and day booking, payment will need to be made from 7 September through to 13 September.
- Changes to bookings can be made from 15 September.
- New bookings will open Tuesday 29 September.
- All Frogs and Goldfish students and Tadpole students (GALC) will also roll over in this time frame (subject to review of current COVID-19 restrictions).
Term 4 2020 at HALC will be shorter than the public-school term, due to essential roof works. As compensation and to thank our loyal families, all clients rolling over and paying in full from Term 3 to Term 4 will receive free family swimming for school holidays commencing from Monday 28 September through to Sunday 11 October and the start of the school term until we are able to offer our Learn to Swim Program.
School holiday intensives (HALC)
We are delighted to be able to offer our school holiday intensive program. We will offer two weeks – Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October and Tuesday 6 October to Friday 9 October. GALC’s dates may vary due to bookings, therefore please contact them direct (number below).
Bookings are open from Thursday 3 September. To book, please contact the Learn to Swim office on 9847 6306 or 9847 6307.
Learn to Swim Customer Service
For assistance, please contact our customer service team on 9847 6306 or 9847 6307 (HALC) and 9847 6340 (GALC).
Lap swimming and gym
Bookings are not required at GALC, or at HALC for lap swimming or the gym, however if you arrive and your preferred lane or pool has reached capacity, you may be asked to wait or to select a different lane/pool. We appreciate your patience with this.
Aqua/Group Fitness Programs
Aqua/Group Fitness classes have been reduced due to COVID-19 and a reduction in patronage. You are required to ring and book into your preferred class at HALC on 9847 6300. View the program here.
Bookings are limited to three (3) sessions per week per person.
Council continues to monitor numbers regularly and if deemed necessary to re-introduce a booking system to control numbers in all our facilities, we will advise patrons via our website, social media and email.
Swim, Gym & Unlimited Classes
Adult $21 per week
Concession (Child/Pensioner/Student/Senior) $19 per week
Swim & Gym Unlimited
Adult $17 per week
Concession $15 per week
New fees and charges implemented by council for Direct Debit memberships
- Unlimited Swim, gym and classes
- Adult $21 Per week
- Concession (Child/Pensioner/Student/Senior) $19 Per week
- Adult $17
- Concession (Child/Pensioner/Student/Senior) $15 Per week
If you have any questions, please contact us on 9847 6300 or email@example.com.
- A maximum of four (4) swimmers will be allowed per lane at any one time in the 25m pool.
- No recreational/playing in lap swimming lanes is permitted.
- Sessions are not time limited, but we ask you to be mindful of other swimmers’ needs, especially if the area is busy.
- A maximum of six (6) patrons in the gym at any one time.
- Sessions are not time limited, but we ask you to be mindful of other users’ needs, especially if the gym is busy.
School-age squad swimmers come under alternate guidelines under NSW Health and are permitted to gather at the end of lanes during training sessions. All other swim patrons are requested not to gather at the end of lanes.
Patrons are also asked to note the following:
- Social distancing is to be maintained at all times.
- Changerooms and showers will be available, however, we request you shower and change at home.
- Bollards are placed our facilities to control and direct foot traffic.
- The Water Slide is closed until further notice.
- The kiosk is closed until further notice.
Opening hours will be the same Monday to Saturday pre-COVID, with reduced hours on Sunday when we will close at 1pm.
Hygiene and cleaning
Hand sanitisers have been installed throughout the facilities as well as increased cleaning procedures and more regular disinfection of high touch points. Signage and decals have been placed throughout the facilities to help communicate the importance of hand washing, good hygiene practices and staying home if unwell. Dedicated staff will be on regular cleaning duties during operating hours of the facilities.
Address: 412 Galston Rd, Galston
Phone: 9847 6340
|Student (valid ID card must be shown)||$4.50|
|Child (4 - 16 years)||$4.50|
|Child 3 years and under (with full paying swimming adult)||Free|
|Pensioner (valid ID card must be shown)||$3.50|
Season passes for swim, swim-gym and gym are available, as well as 20-ticket admissions. Please check with each centre for special program costs and availability.
For more information, please contact Aquatic Centre staff on phone 9847 6340.
- 25-metre six-lane indoor pool heated to 28°C
- Purpose built learn to swim indoor pool heated to 32°C
- Fully equipped gymnasium
- Surrounding picnic area and playground
- Swimwear and accessories available
- Learn to Swim classes all year round
- Squad training all year round
- Galston Swim Club
- Aqua Fitness classes
- AUSSI Masters (meets Tuesday nights)
- Plenty of parking
- Accessible facilities for people with disabilities
Galston Aquatic and Leisure Centre
Galston Park, 412 Galston Road (opposite Galston High School)
October Long Weekend Operating Hours
Saturday 3 October: 7am-4pm
Sunday 4 October: 7am-11am
Monday 5 October (Public Holiday): 7am-11am