Galston Aquatic & Leisure Centre
Galston Aquatic & Leisure Centre (GALC) is open.
Bookings are not required, however if you arrive and your preferred lane or pool has reached capacity, you may be asked to wait or to select a different lane/pool. We appreciate your patience with this.
Aqua/Group Fitness classes have been reduced due to COVID-19 and a reduction in patronage.
Bookings are not required but walk-ins will only be accepted if classes are not full. View the program here.
Council continues to monitor numbers regularly and if deemed necessary to re-introduce a booking system to control numbers in all our facilities, we will advise patrons via our website, social media and email.
Fitness passports and decrement passes are currently accepted.
Memberships and Direct Debit were re-introduced from 20 July however you have not been charged for the first two weeks. Following this two week-period, any membership cancellations require 30 days as per the terms and conditions.
All Direct Debit membership billing will re-commence on Thursday 6 August for HALC and GALC.
Swim, Gym & Unlimited Classes
Adult $21 per week
Concession (Child/Pensioner/Student/Senior) $19 per week
Swim & Gym Unlimited
Adult $17 per week
Concession $15 per week
- A maximum of four (4) swimmers will be allowed per lane at any one time in the 25m pool.
- No recreational/playing in lap swimming lanes is permitted.
- Sessions are not time limited, but we ask you to be mindful of other swimmers’ needs, especially if the area is busy.
- A maximum of six (6) patrons in the gym at any one time.
- Sessions are not time limited, but we ask you to be mindful of other users’ needs, especially if the gym is busy.
School-age squad swimmers come under alternate guidelines under NSW Health and are permitted to gather at the end of lanes during training sessions. All other swim patrons are requested not to gather at the end of lanes.
Patrons are also asked to note the following:
- Social distancing is to be maintained at all times.
- Changerooms and showers will be available, however, we request you shower and change at home.
- Bollards are placed our facilities to control and direct foot traffic.
- Learn to Swim and HALC squads will recommence 20 July.
- Aqua & Group Fitness will recommence 20 July – see the program here.
- The Water Slide is closed until further notice.
- The kiosk is closed until further notice.
Opening hours will be the same Monday to Saturday pre-COVID, with reduced hours on Sunday when we will close at 1pm.
Hygiene and cleaning
Hand sanitisers have been installed throughout the facilities as well as increased cleaning procedures and more regular disinfection of high touch points. Signage and decals have been placed throughout the facilities to help communicate the importance of hand washing, good hygiene practices and staying home if unwell. Dedicated staff will be on regular cleaning duties during operating hours of the facilities.
Learn to Swim
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation and the emergence of active cases in Hornsby Shire, as of Wednesday 12 August 2020, Frog and Goldfish Learn to Swim levels are suspended for the remainder of the term at both HALC and GALC.
Social distancing measures have been introduced for all other levels, which will continue to run as per the current program, however there will be minor changes to the format of your child’s lessons.
These changes are necessary for the health and wellbeing of our students and our staff, which is always our top priority.
If you are affected by these changes, please contact the Learn to Swim office for more information.
Please note, if your child is currently enrolled in the suspended Frog or Goldfish levels and you elect to take a credit over to the next term (once lessons re-commence), your free family swim pass will be valid to the end of this current term.
During the Learn to Swim term, from 3.30pm onwards daily all patrons (including parents) using the leisure pool and spa will need a wristband. 20 wristbands will be issued every hour on the half hour for a 60-minute session. At the end of the session, you will be asked to hop out of the pool.
Learn to Swim Customer Service
For assistance, please contact our customer service team on 9847 6306 or 9847 6307 (HALC) and 9847 6340 (GALC).
Address: 412 Galston Rd, Galston
Phone: 9847 6340
|Student (valid ID card must be shown)||$4.50|
|Child (4 - 16 years)||$4.50|
|Child 3 years and under (with full paying swimming adult)||Free|
|Pensioner (valid ID card must be shown)||$3.50|
Season passes for swim, swim-gym and gym are available, as well as 20-ticket admissions. Please check with each centre for special program costs and availability.
For more information, please contact Aquatic Centre staff on phone 9847 6340.
- 25-metre six-lane indoor pool heated to 28°C
- Purpose built learn to swim indoor pool heated to 32°C
- Fully equipped gymnasium
- Surrounding picnic area and playground
- Swimwear and accessories available
- Learn to Swim classes all year round
- Squad training all year round
- Galston Swim Club
- Aqua Fitness classes
- AUSSI Masters (meets Tuesday nights)
- Plenty of parking
- Accessible facilities for people with disabilities
Galston Aquatic and Leisure Centre
Galston Park, 412 Galston Road (opposite Galston High School)
Council’s aquatic and leisure centres will reopen on Monday, 6 July 2020.