In the interests of protecting the health of everyone, all participants in this program must understand and adhere to the following:
- The following advice from the Australian Government Department of Health: “Your risk of serious illness from coronavirus increases if you are:
- aged 70 years or over
- aged 65 years or over and have a chronic medical condition
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person aged 50 years and over who has a chronic medical condition
- immune suppressed”
- Please do not attend the event if you feel uncomfortable being in a group environment.
- Do not to attend if you feel unwell on the day of the event. Please advise your guide as soon as possible.
- Please download and activate the COVIDSafe app before arriving at the meeting point.
- You must maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres at all times.
- There will be a maximum of 10 people attending this event. Please do not bring additional participants who have not registered.
- Please bring you own hand sanitiser and maintain personal hygiene throughout the event - your guide will also have some sanitiser available for you to use.
- Do not share any items between participants (e.g. pens, sunscreen, insect repellent, hand sanitiser, water, food)
- You will not be required to sign an attendance sheet.
Hornsby Shire Council runs a program of free guided bushwalks throughout the year. Our professional guides will give you unparalleled insight into our Bushland Shire as they share their wide knowledge of the local environment. Whether you prefer an easy stroll or a more challenging walk, there’s something for everyone.