Hornsby Shire Libraries are open in accordance with the latest COVID-19 safety guidelines from NSW Government.
Our libraries are operating with limited hours, and we encourage you to use our Click & Collect service to keep your visit as brief as possible.
We are progressively increasing services and opening hours over the coming months based on advice from state and federal government.
All libraries are operating with limited services and reduced opening hours.
Monday - Thursday: 10am-7pm
Friday and Saturday: 10am-5pm
Monday - Friday: 10am-5pm
Monday - Thursday: 1.30pm-5.30pm
Saturday: 10am-12noon and 1pm-4pm
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 1pm-5pm
Friday: 10am-12noon and 1pm-5pm
Saturday: 10am-12 noon
Wednesday and Sunday: Closed
- Library membership is available here (https://hornsby.spydus.com/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/MSGTRN/WPAC/JOIN).
- You will need to provide proof of address when you visit the library to complete your membership and receive your library card.
- You may reserve items with your temporary membership number.
- You will not be able to reserve digital resources with a temporary library membership.
- Usual loan periods will be reinstated for all collections from Monday, 19 October 2020. Customers are reminded to always check the loans slip or email to confirm the due date for every item borrowed.
- Standard reminder, overdue and lost item notices (email and postal) are being produced.
- Click & Collect
- Digital resources can be accessed from our eLibrary and via the Library App.
- Storytime will continue to be offered online on our Facebook page.
- We are still offering events online. Please check the Library events page for details.
- Tax Help is available at Hornsby Library from Monday 3 August. Please contact 9847 6614 for bookings.
- Browsing of all library collections.
- Public computers, printing and copying. All technology services are offered on a self-help basis. Limited computers are currently available so pre-booking is recommended. Online computer help is available or staff can provide printed instructions.
- Limited individual study spaces and tables at Hornsby, Pennant Hills and Berowra Libraries. Bookings are not required.
- Public Wi-Fi, at Hornsby, Pennant Hills Berowra libraries.
- No newspapers
- No small study rooms or lounge seating
- No meeting rooms
- No Justice of the Peace service – If you require a JP please access information via https://www.coronavirus.dcj.nsw.gov.au/services/justices-of-the-peace
- No fines were applied to overdue items with return dates between March 16 and October 18 inclusive. Overdue fines were/are being applied prior to and after this period.
- After hours returns chutes are available at all branches.
- Your returned items will be quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours.
NSW Health has updated the COVID-19 Safety Plan for Libraries and it is now a mandatory requirement for libraries to record the details of visitors for contact tracing purposes.
- All Hornsby Shire Libraries will operate within current guidelines for social distancing and gatherings of people for the safety of our staff and members.
- Your cooperation with staff in observing these guidelines is required and appreciated.
- Conditions of Entry:
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell, please stay at home
- Observe social distancing guidelines
- Sanitise your hands on entry and maintain good hygiene practices
- Signage indicates the maximum safe capacity for all areas. You may be required to wait before entering the library
- Follow the Library Code of Conduct