Hornsby Shire Libraries are open in accordance with the latest COVID-19 safety guidelines from NSW Government.
Our libraries are operating with limited hours, and we encourage you to use our Click & Collect service to keep your visit as brief as possible.
We are progressively increasing services and opening hours over the coming months based on advice from state and federal government.
All libraries are with limited services and reduced opening hours.
Monday - Thursday: 10am-12 noon, 2pm-4pm and 5pm-7pm
Friday and Saturday: 10am-12 noon and 2pm-4pm
Monday - Saturday: 10am-12 noon and 2pm-4pm
Monday - Thursday: 2pm-4pm
Saturday: 10am-12noon and 2pm-4pm
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 2pm-4pm
Friday: 10am-12noon and 2pm-4pm
Saturday: 10am-12 noon
Wednesday and Sunday: Closed
- Library membership is available here (https://hornsby.spydus.com/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/MSGTRN/WPAC/JOIN).
- You will need to provide proof of address when you visit the library to complete your membership and receive your library card.
- You may reserve items with your temporary membership number.
- You will not be able to reserve digital resources with a temporary library membership.
- Click & Collect
- Digital resources can be accessed from our eLibrary and via the Library App.
- Storytime will continue to be offered online on our Facebook page.
- We are still offering events online. Please check the Library events page for details.
The Tax Help service is now available at Hornsby Library. Please contact 9847 6614 for bookings.
- Browsing of all library collections.
- No public computers, printing and copy services
- No public WiFi
- No newspapers
- No study rooms, desks and other seating spaces
- No meeting rooms
- No Justice of the Peace service – If you require a JP please access information via https://www.coronavirus.dcj.nsw.gov.au/services/justices-of-the-peace
- After hours returns chutes are available at all branches.
- Your returned items will be quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours.
- All loans due from the 16 March 2020 onwards have been extended until 20 July 2020.
- No overdue fines are being applied during the closure.
- All Hornsby Shire Libraries will operate within current guidelines for social distancing and gatherings of people for the safety of our staff and members.
- Your cooperation with staff in observing these guidelines is required and appreciated.
- Conditions of Entry:
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell, please stay at home
- Observe social distancing guidelines
- Sanitise your hands on entry and maintain good hygiene practices
- Signage indicates the maximum safe capacity for all areas. You may be required to wait before entering the library
- Follow the Library Code of Conduct