Children and Families
Child and Family Services Directory
Are you looking for schools, playgroups, childcare or family support services? Hornsby Shire Council has developed a comprehensive Child and Family Services Directory to put you directly in touch with the services you need.
Australia’s online child care portal mychild.gov.au has information on the different types of child care and on obtaining financial assistance with the cost of child care. You can also search a database to find child care centres in your local area.
There are a constant stream of family events hosted by Hornsby Shire Council throughout the year. To see what is coming up check out our events page.
- NSW Department of Family & Community Services
- NSW Department of Education and Communities
- NSW Department of Health
- NSW Department of Housing
- The mychild.gov.au website - Australia's online childcare portal, with information on different types of childcare and how to get assistance with the cost.
- Resourcing Families - Information and ideas for families, friends and allies of people with disability.
- Keep Them Safe - The NSW Government's action plan to re-shape the way family and community services are delivered in NSW.
- Parentline New South Wales - A telephone counselling, information and referral service for parents of children ages 0 to 18 who live in New South Wales.
- NSW Sport and Recreation - Lists the services and facilities offered in NSW for participation in sport and recreation.
- Keep Watch and Keep Them Alive – Find out more about supervising children near water and preventing drowning.
- Healthy Kids - Ideas and resources to keep a healthy lifestyle.
- Relationships Australia - Resources and counselling for couples, individuals, and families.
- NAPCAN - Positive approaches to discipline and strategies to prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Raising Children - Comprehensive and practical child health and parenting information for children aged 0-8 years.
- Kids Helpline - A confidential counselling service for children aged 5 to 18 years.
- Bullying. No Way! - For children who may be having problems with bullying.
- Beyond Blue – A service to help with depression.
- NSW Elder Abuse - Free service providing information, support and referrals relating to the abuse of older people living in the community across NSW.
- The Fathering Project - Delivers resources, programs and events specific to the engagement style and needs of dads and father-figures.
Domestic violence refers to violence, abuse and intimidation between people who are are currently or have previously been in an intimate relationship.
There are a number of local services and community groups who provide assistance to people who are experiencing domestic violence.Find Out More