Afternoon Tea for HSC Students
Hornsby Shire Council is hosting an afternoon tea for HSC students in Hornsby Library this Friday 20 October from 3-4.30pm.
Friday 20 October, 3pm-4.30pm
Location: Hornsby Library (Room 1 – near front door)
Event cost: Free. No registration required.
Serving healthy brain fuel and a few treats thrown in – whole fruit, yogurt, baked savoury goods, juice, water and a few mini treats like chocolate for good measure.
Youth Week 2023 – 20-30 April
Thanks to all who participated in Youth Week 2023. It was great to Connect, Participate & Celebrate with you. Council have an ongoing commitment to young people and are always keen to hear from you. To assist with this, please consider completing our Youth Week 2023 survey:
Mayor’s Youth Trust Fund
Funding for the Mayor’s Youth Trust Fund (MYTF) has been exhausted for the 2022/2023 financial year. The MYTF Program is being reviewed for the 2023/2024 financial year and more information will be made available when finalised.
National Youth Week
Each year Hornsby Shire Council is actively involved in National Youth Week, which celebrates young people and their achievements throughout Australia.
For more information, please contact Council's Community Development Officer Sue Downing on 9847 6889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hornsby Kuring-gai Youth Network
The Hornsby/Kuring-gai Youth Network is made up of youth workers, community workers and other representatives with an interest in youth issues. It meets monthly and aims to develop partnerships, share resources, improve services and advocate on behalf of young people.
If you would like to be part of the network please contact Ku-ring-gai Council's Youth Services Officer, Cherise Ricciardo on 9424 0994 or email@example.com
Help and advice
- Hornsby Community Information Directory - Search for services and resources for young people in the Hornsby area
- Way2Wellness - Way2Wellness is a free service delivered by Lifeline and funded by the Sydney North Primary Health Network, Way2Wellness connects people on Sydney’s north side with mental wellbeing support
- HealthDirect - A non-commercial, government funded organisation providing health information on a range of topics, including drug and alcohol abuse.
- Youthsource - Resources and support for young people living in the Northern Sydney Area. Contains information on health, life after the HSC, legal issues, youth services, events and a gig guide.
- Barnados - Support for children and adolescents suffering from or at risk of abuse, neglect, homelessness or poverty.
- Kids Help Line - Australia's free, confidential and anonymous online counselling service for young people aged five to 25.
- NSW Department of Community Services - Advice and help on a range of youth issues.
- Reach Out - A web-based service that aims to inspire and create opportunities for young people.
- Somazone - includes an anonymous question and answer service, publishes personal stories and provides information on a range of youth services.
- Wesley LifeForce - Information on suicide prevention and the issues of suicide.
- Youth Beyond Blue - Support and advice for young people experiencing depression.
- YMCA - Programs, services and support for young people including sports activities, youth leadership training and camps.
Education and careers
- Co-op BookShop - Not-for-profit bookstore aimed at students and young people.
- Department of Employment - Information for students, school leavers, trainees and apprentices.
- Department of Education and Training - Resources and information for school students.
- NSW HSC Online - Information on HSC subjects, exams, study, career options and university.
- NSW Department of Education and Training - Resources and information for NSW school students and TAFE students.
- TAFE NSW - Information on TAFE courses, student services and more.
- The State Library has HSC 2021 web page which brings together the key information students and teachers need for the HSC journey.
- eTutors Project - Connects students who are having learning difficulties with access to free weekly tutoring lessons to help them succeed, regardless of their financial capability.
- Indent - Resources, information, workshops, funding, skills development and networking opportunities for young people wishing to break into the music industry.
- Triple J - The ABC’s radio station aimed at young people.
Information and resources
- ReachOut - Information for young people on important issues such as human rights, culture, the environment, health and more, as well as tips on how they can take action.
- Conservation Volunteers Australia - Volunteer opportunities for young people with Australia’s leading environment conservation organisation.
- National Drugs Campaign - Information and facts about drugs.
- National Youth Week- Annual event for young people aged 12 to 25. The website contains information on events, projects, competitions, youth issues and more.
- Youth Action and Policy Assocation - Includes information for young drivers as well as youth news, training and events.
- Youth.NSW - Information and resources on everything from money, leaving home and the law to health, relationships and study.