Search the Library Catalogue
Reserving an item
If the item you find is unavailable you can reserve it for a fee of $2 that will be charged to your membership. When the item becomes available you will be notified by email or letter.
Reservations can be made in the following ways:
- By clicking the “Place Reservation” title link in the Online Catalogue;
- In person or by contacting any of Hornsby Shire’s libraries;
- You will need your library card number to place a reservation;
- If reserving through the online catalogue you will also need your PIN;
- If you do not know your PIN contact the library during opening hours;
- If you are not a member of the library, you will need to join online before reserving an item;
- Heavily reserved items may be subject to a shortened loan period.
If the item you find in the catalogue is listed as 'available' you can request a branch transfer to have it delivered to your preferred library branch free of charge. Simply click on the title of the required item to display full details and then click on the Place Reservation button. Fill in the requested details and tick the checkbox at the bottom to indicate you would like a free branch transfer. Don't forget to tick the box or a $2 fee will be applied. This option is only present when items are available. You will not be notified when it arrives at your nominated branch.
Branch transfer requests of available items can also be made in person or over the phone at any of the Shire’s libraries.
Cancelling a reservation
A reservation can be cancelled without charge before the relevant email or letter has been generated. Once the letter or email has been generated the fee of $2 will automatically be charged to your membership and must be paid before you can borrow.
Catalogues of Other Libraries
Take a look at just some of the vast range of resources that are offered by your libraries collections.