Justices of the Peace
24 March 2020
Due to the COVID–19 (coronavirus) pandemic, all library branches are now closed until further notice.
During this time, the following applies to all library services:
- After hours chutes are open at all locations 24/7 to return your items
- Due dates on all loaned items are being automatically renewed
- No overdue fines are being applied, as of Monday 16 March 2020
- Reservation of collections has been suspended
- Digital resources can be accessed from our eLibrary and via the Library App
- Digital membership is available here
- Our staff are available Monday to Saturday 9am-5pm.
Call us: 9847 6100
Email us: email@example.com
Download our Library App
The Hornsby Libraries App is available to download from the App Store (for Apple iOS devices) and the Google Play Store (for Android devices).
In the app you can:
- Search the library catalogue and browse curated collections
- Manage your loans (including renewals)
- Link your children’s library cards to manage their loans
- Carry your library card on your phone
Check out our eLibrary page at https://www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/elibrary to access a wide range eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and more.
Justice of the Peace times and locations
Our JP services are unavailable until further notice.
If you require a JP please visit www.jp.nsw.gov.au/findajp for details of available services.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
You don’t need to book to see a JP, though it may be worthwhile phoning to check their availability as they won’t always be able to see you at short notice.
Our JPs leave promptly at the end of their designated shifts. Please arrive with enough time for them to certify your documents.
JPs may limit the number of documents to certify in a session. This will be at the discretion of the JP in attendance.
You can also find further listings of JPs on the Department of Attorney General and Justice website.
To confirm availability of JPs please call:
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer JP?
If you are a current Justice of the Peace and would like to volunteer at Hornsby or Pennant Hills Library we encourage you to complete an application. We ask our JPs to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours per month, and we will work together to find a time that suits you.
If you do not wish to apply online, you may fill in The Library Volunteer application form available for download.
For additional information please contact Melanie Mutch on 9847 6568.