Thornleigh Brickpit Stadium
COVID-19 UPDATE – Thursday, 14 October 2021
In accordance with the NSW Government roadmap for reopening, we are pleased to welcome our community back to many of our Council facilities.
The facility is operating under its COVIDSafe plan. All patrons must QR code check in using your own smartphone device.
- Open for indoor casual recreation such as table tennis, badminton and basketball hoops/practice
- Children’s exercise groups permitted
- Bookings essential
- All group bookings will be capped at 20, including spectators/accompanying parents or legal guardians
- Community sport, such as a game of basketball, is not yet permitted
- Toilets will be available but changerooms will be closed
- Masks required on entry and exit for ages 12+ and at all times when not actively participating
The current opening hours of 8.30am – 9pm, Monday – Friday and 9am – 9pm, Saturday – Sunday will return to normal hours from Monday 18 October.
The safety of our community and our staff is always our number one priority. We are constantly reviewing our settings based on the health advice and the NSW Government’s roadmap.
Keep an eye here and on Facebook for further updates:
Phone/Bookings: 9847 6180
- Four championship size basketball courts (including one show court with seating for 300 people);
- Court markings for netball (3 courts), volleyball (3 courts) and badminton (8 courts);
- Can host the majority of indoor sports;
- Fully serviced kiosk with seating for 50 people;
- Outdoor balcony area;
- 130 undercover car parking spaces;
- Disabled access to stadium and lift;
- Change room facilities with showers;
- Fully equipped first aid room;
- Meeting room and training room facilities.
Sections of the stadium can be hired by anybody, subject to confirmation at the time of booking. To make a booking, please call 9847 6180.
For details of costs, fees and charges, download Thornleigh Brickpit Fees and Charges - 120kb. All prices include GST.
All casual court bookings require a 50% deposit at time of booking (non-re-fundable). Balance to be paid before commencement of booking.
Please check court availability for the coming week here.
A wide variety of sports and activities are held at the Thornleigh Brickpit Sports Stadium every week.
Council provides this list for information only and does not endorse any of these programs.
Basketball Competitions run for all ages each weekday evening as well as Sunday nights.
Contact: Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Basketball Association, (02) 9980 6255.
Competitions for senior teams run on Wednesday evenings.
Contact: Sydney North Volleyball, 1300 768 655.
Seniors play – Monday – 10am-1pm, Wednesday 9.30am-12pm
Competition Play – Friday 7.30am-10.30pm
Contact: Sydney Upper North Shore Table Tennis Assoc (SUNS) – 0402 224 563.
Children's exercise Multi-sport program with 10 different sports designed for 1.5 to 6 yr olds. Held on weekday mornings during school terms.
Contact: Shannon – Ready Steady Go Kids – 0401 701 168.