There is a wide range of information available on Hornsby Shire Council’s website, providing answers on many aspects of town planning.
1. Do I need to submit a Development Application?
3. What is the Zoning of my property?
8. Copies of plans – (Development Applications only)
9. Stormwater drainage issues on private properties
13. Can I subdivide my property
16. Home Business and Home Occupation
18. Secondary dwellings (Granny flats)
19. Alterations and additions to dwelling
21. Balconies, Decks, Patios and Pergolas
23. Setting up a restaurant or café
24. Short-term rental accommodation
25. Home Based Business (includes food preparation)
1. Development Application Form Guidelines and checklist
2. Property enquiry, Zoning, Bushfire Prone Land
3. Exempt Development Fact Sheets
4. Exempt and Complying Development (Interactive Guide for Dwellings)
5. Exempt and Complying Development legislation
6. Hornsby Local Environment Plan
7. Hornsby Development Control Plan
8. Planning Controls and Studies
There is also a lot of relevant information on the NSW Department of Planning website and the NSW Planning Portal.
If your enquiry relates to a non-compliance issue or complaint please register online via the following link: