Book a Venue
COVID-19 UPDATE – Thursday, 14 October 2021
In accordance with the NSW Government roadmap for reopening, we are pleased to welcome our community back to many of our Council facilities next week.
From Monday 11 October, the following changes will be in place for Council’s community centres. All hirers must comply with the current Public Health Orders, including vaccination requirements and wearing of masks.
- Bookings available for regular hirers
- Exercise classes and indoor recreation are capped at 20 people
- Church groups are capped at 1 person per 4 sqm and no singing
- Personal service groups are capped at 10 people
- One-off hires will be available, including for weddings and funerals
- Weddings and funerals are capped at 1 person per 4 sqm and 100 people
- All other bookings are capped at 1 person per 4 sqm
Further information on the current restrictions is available on the NSW Government website.
We are constantly monitoring this evolving situation and will keep you updated here and on Facebook and in our newsletters with any changes
Hornsby Shire Council libraries have a number of meeting rooms and an exhibition space which may be booked by the public. Members may also book a computer at our Hornsby, Pennant Hills and Berowra branches.
Parks, Gardens and Reserves
Weddings and other suitable events may be hosted in some of Council's parks and reserves. In particular, the parks below are picturesque and provide a beautiful back drop for events such as a wedding. To book your event at these parks, please go the park's webpage below and book online.
- Fagan Park - gardens for weddings, photography, picnic shelters
- Galston Recreation Reserve - large picnic shelters with BBQ facilities
- Lilian Fraser Gardens - gardens for weddings and other ceremonies, photography, function room
- Lisgar Gardens - gardens for weddings and other ceremonies, photography
- Crosslands Reserve - picnic shelters, camping
Other Types of Events
If you are wishing to hold a special event on one of Council’s Parks or Sportsgrounds an application must be submitted. Event organisers must hold Public Liability Insurance cover for $20 million. Booking fees apply for these bookings.
Small Low Impact Events
The Low Impact Event Application Form is for small passive events such as small community events, gala days and fundraisers that have an anticipated attendance for fewer than 150 people, minimal infrastructure or amusements and no pyrotechnics.
Medium and High Impact Events
This application form is for events where the attendance is more than 150 people and where stalls and amusements are planned and for all events including pyrotechnics.
Applications should be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the event.
To submit an application please download and fill and return the form below to Council.
Fees and Charges
Hornsby Shire Council operates 25 community centres that offer a range of facilities and are there to be used by the public.
For more information, visit the Community Venues page.
Hornsby Mall is the venue for an array of community activities and events throughout the year including stalls, fundraising events and busking. To enquire about a booking in Hornsby Mall please visit the Hornsby Mall page.
Sportsgrounds and Facilities
Hornsby Shire Council is responsible for many sportsgrounds, ovals and other sporting facilities throughout the Shire.
- Sportsgrounds Hire - Hornsby Shire Council's many sportsgrounds and ovals are available for hire by clubs, schools and individuals.
- Thornleigh Brickpit Sports Stadium - Indoor sports stadium catering to basketball, netball, table tennis, badminton and other indoor sports.
- Rural Sports Facility - A four-hectare sportsground in Galston that's perfect for equine and canine activities.
- Tennis Courts - There are many tennis courts in Hornsby Shire. Bookings are made privately with the relevant association.
- Commercial Group and Personal Training - Personal trainers wishing to conduct organized fitness activities on a commercial basis on Council’s open space areas, such as parks and sportsgrounds, are required to obtain a Permit.
Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre
The Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre provides exhibition spce for artists to share their creative works with the public. The Centre may also be booked for events, functions and regular activities.
For more information, visit the Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre page.