Living with Disability
Hornsby Shire Council works with the community to help people living with a disability play, socialise, learn, work and access services.
Council hosts a range of events each year for people living with a disability, particularly as part of the Healthy Living Festival that is held in March and April each year.
We can also help if you are having trouble with access or getting around Hornsby Shire. Click here to see our Access and Inclusion page.
Hornsby Shire Council also has a Disability Action Plan - Living with Disability - 62kb
To discuss support for people living with a disability contact Sue Downing on 9847 6889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The NDIS will be rolled out to the Hornsby Council area from July 2016.
For more information about how the NDIS may benefit you, visit ndis.nsw.gov.au
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- NSW Disability Inclusion Act 2014 fact sheet - 43kb
- NSW Disability Service Standards
- Carers NSW
- National Disability Insurance Scheme government website
- Every Australian Counts - For information and support about NDIS
- Ability Links – A free, innovative program for people with a disability, aimed at promoting social inclusion and community participation.
- Northern Sydney Intellectual Disability Health Team - 88kb
- Services for Children 0-6 with Additional Needs - 500kb
- Helping You and Your Family - Information and Support for Parents of Children with a Disability in NSW - 2.5MB
- Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association
- Northern Sydney Local Health District Carer Support Service - 598kb
- Mambarra Track and Mangrove Walk
- Home and Community Care - assistance to live independently at home
- Home modification and maintenance
- Complaints can be made through the NSW Ombudsman Office