Bushland Tracks and Trails
There are many walking trails throughout Hornsby Shire that you can explore on your own.
Note: the above link refers to the Great North Walk Discovery Kit. This kit is no longer available from Hornsby Council, but can be ordered through the Great North Walk website.
Here is a selection of the most popular bushland tracks:
- Bar Island Walk - 366kb
- Beecroft-Cheltenham Link Track, Beecroft-Cheltenham - 140kb
- Blue Gum Walk, Hornsby - 1.3MB
- Callicoma walk, Cherrybrook - 662kb
- Carrs Bush Walk, Galston - 3mb
- Crosslands Salt Marsh Walk, Hornsby Heights - 348kb
- Dangar Island Walk - 326kb -
- Mambara Walk, Pennant Hills - 103kb (wheelchair/pram-friendly)
- Mangrove Walk, Brooklyn - 362kb (wheelchair/pram-friendly)
- McKell Park Walk, Brooklyn 366kb
Walking your dog in bushland areas
There are more than 30 trails within Hornsby Shire where dog walking is permitted. However, dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. Owners must also pick up after their dogs and stay on designated tracks.
See the list of leashed dog walking trails - 17.5kb
There are also a number of off-leash areas you can take your dog to.