Learn to Swim
COVID-19 UPDATE – Thursday, 14 October 2021
In accordance with the NSW Government roadmap for reopening, we are pleased to welcome our community back to many of our Council facilities.
From Monday 18 October, the following restrictions will be in place for Council’s Aquatic Centres and Thornleigh Brickpit.
- Proof of full vaccination is required on entry for ages 16 and over
- Children aged under 16 years must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent or legal guardian aged 16 or over, who must also be swimming
- See how to access your vaccination certificate.
Hornsby Aquatic and Leisure Centre
The facility is operating under its COVIDSafe plan. All patrons must QR code check in using your own smartphone device. Toilets are available but there’s no changing or showering.
50M OUTDOOR POOL
- Lap swimming for adults and confident swimmers in the 50m outdoor pool – no spectators are allowed on the pool deck
- Aqua classes available with a reduced timetable and class numbers capped at 20 (bookings available from 9am Friday 15 October)
- All Aqua classes and lap swimming sessions must be pre-booked and paid online. No date/time changes allowed
- Fitness passports accepted, but ticketed passes and memberships remain on hold
- Eight (8) swimmers per lane
- Squad training is back with limited sessions
- Lap swimming sessions and Aqua classes will be for 45 minutes. Please arrive 15 minutes before your session time to complete the check-in process.
17M, 25M INDOOR POOLS
- The 17M and 25M indoor pools will open for lap swimming and gentle exercise only
- Four (4) swimmers per lane in the 25M pool and two (2) swimmers per lane in the 17M pool
- No Aqua classes or recreational swimming
- The leisure pool is closed
- All swimming sessions must be pre-booked and paid online. No date/time changes allowed
- Swimming sessions will be for 45 minutes. Please arrive 15 minutes before your session time to complete the check-in process
- Learn to Swim operations are being reviewed and further updates will be provided soon.
- The gym will be open to ages 16+
- All patrons must book and pay online. No date/time changes allowed.
- Gym sessions will be for 45 minutes. Please arrive 15 minutes before your session time to complete the check-in process
- Six (6) gym patrons per session
- Reduced entry cost of $10/session during current restrictions.
The current opening hours of 6-11am & 3-7pm, Monday to Friday and 10am-4pm, Saturday & Sunday will be extended to:
- 6am-11am & 2pm-7pm, Monday to Friday
- 8am-5pm, Saturday and Sunday
Galston Aquatic & Leisure Centre
Galston Aquatic & Leisure Centre remains closed to the public in preparation for facility upgrades and will not reopen until these are complete. Please direct all enquiries to GALCenquiries@hornsby.nsw.gov.au and a team member will get back to you as soon as possible.
The facility is operating under its COVIDSafe plan. All patrons must QR code check in using your own smartphone device.
- Open for indoor casual recreation such as table tennis, badminton and basketball hoops/practice
- Children’s exercise groups permitted
- All group bookings will be capped at 20, including spectators/accompanying parents or legal guardians
- Community sport, such as a game of basketball, is not yet permitted
- Bookings essential
- Toilets will be available but changerooms will be closed
- Masks required on entry and exit for ages 12+ and at all times when not actively participating
The current opening hours of 8.30am-9pm, Monday to Friday and 9am-9pm, Saturday and Sunday will return to normal hours from Monday 18 October.
The safety of our community and our staff is always our number one priority. We are constantly reviewing our settings based on the health advice and the NSW Government’s roadmap.
Keep an eye here and on Facebook for further updates:
Address: 1A Dartford Road, Thornleigh NSW 2120 (off Pennant Hills Road)
Phone/Bookings: 9847 6180
Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 9pm
*Saturday to Sunday - 9am to 9pm
*Weekend opening hours are subject to change due to specific bookings.
School Holiday Intensives
Aquafun Swim School runs school holiday intensives throughout the school holidays. This program is designed to accelerate your child’s progression and confidence within the water.
Learn to Swim Customer Service
For assistance, please contact our customer service team on 9847 6306 or 9847 6307 (HALC) and 9847 6340 (GALC).
Hornsby Aquatic and Leisure Centre offers a progressive Learn to Swim program for both adults and children.
Monday to Sunday - 8am to 12noon
Monday to Friday - 3.30pm to 6pm
During these times lap swimming is limited.
Group lessons cost $180 for a 10-lesson term.
15-minute private lessons cost $280 for a 10-week term.
Parent n Bubs 30 minute lesson $130.00 for a 10 week term
We accept Active Kids Vouchers for Learn to Swim classes.
Lessons run all year round (to public school terms) and are available for all ages, from babies to adults. All staff are fully qualified with AUSTSWIM. Private lessons and intensive school holiday programs are also available
Bookings are essential. For further information or to book your free assessment please call the centre on (02) 9847 6340.
COVID-19 Update – 29 January 2021
It is now mandatory to sign in on the NSW Government COVID Safe QR Code app each time you visit our facilities.
Are you looking for a rewarding job?
Apply to become a learn to swim instructor or lifeguard at Hornsby Aquatic and Leisure Centres and this could start your journey teaching people of all ages a life skill