You can find the Local Studies Collection at Hornsby Library. It consists of:
- Books on Hornsby Shire and the surrounding region. The collection includes material on the history, geography and natural history of the Shire.
- Periodicals, newspapers and newsletters published by local organisations.
- Clippings and ephemera from local newspapers and brochures on a range of local subjects and contemporary issues.
- Maps and plans for local subdivisions, as well as early parish maps. The collection also houses aerial maps and plans for various local projects.
- Council Reports on environmental, planning and administration issues from all sections of Hornsby Shire Council.
- Archival material including minutes, letters, and cash books donated by local organisations such as schools, sporting clubs and Progress Associations.
- Information on local organisations including Annual Reports.
- Photographs and prints of local subjects and locations including Hornsby, Pennant Hills and the Hawkesbury River.
This collection can be used only in the Library. Some duplicate copies may be found in the main lending collection.