The Family History collection is located at Hornsby Library
The Family History Collection consists of:
Books on family history. The collection includes general books on how to trace your ancestors and specific titles such as "How to Trace Your Convict Ancestors" by Janet Reakes.
Periodicals, newspapers and newsletters published by family history societies.
Microfilm and microfiche including:
- Shipping Records
- NSW Electoral Roles
- NSW Telephone Directories
- Sands Street Directories
- Colonial Secretary's Papers
- NSW Probate Index
- Birth Death and Marriage Records
- Local Newspapers.
CD-ROM Indexes including:
- Births Deaths and Marriages covering all states in Australia,
- NSW Convict Records as well as
- British and Irish records.
Web Access to various sites including:
- Family Search
- NSW Births Deaths and Marriages
- Archives Office NSW
- Australian War Memorial
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Public Records Office UK
Family History Volunteers are available at various times throughout the month. Bookings are essential. To make a booking please phone the Hornsby Library Information Desk on (02) 9847 6614.
Please note: This collection can only be used in the Library. Duplicate copies of some books may be found in the Lending Collection.