Alcohol and drugs are issues of major concern in our lives. Where do you go to get information you can trust?
Hornsby Shire Libraries hold a range of books and booklets that are easy to read and answer specific questions on drug issues.
These collections include information such as:
- how to talk to your children about alcohol and drugs
- commonly used drugs such as cannabis, cocaine, ecstasy, party drugs, heroin, and tobacco and their effects
- the non medical use of prescribed drugs
- alcohol guidelines and how to cope with problem drinking
- where to go for help and support.
Also check out the State Library of NSW Drug Info website. It provides information:
- on drugs
- in community languages
- for young people, parents and carers
- on how to get help
The drug info @ your library collections and website include information that support the Personal Development, Health and Physical Education syllabus in secondary schools and TAFE’s Alcohol and Other Drugs Work courses and modules.