The most significant decisions in Hornsby Shire are made at the public Council meetings which are held each month. All meetings are held in the Council Chambers at 296 Peats Ferry Road (formerly Pacific Highway), Hornsby. The meetings start at 6.30pm.
How to speak at Council meetings
Members of the public are welcome to speak at every meeting. If you would like to speak about a matter on the agenda please advise the Meeting Attendant when you arrive. If you’d like to speak about an issue that’s not on the agenda please phone 9847 6836 or email email@example.com before 4pm on the day before the meeting.
How to access business papers
Council’s business papers include the reports and staff recommendations for each item to be considered by Council, while the attachments contain further details such as plans and photographs. The reports and attachments are published on Council’s website nine days before each meeting.
The minutes of the meeting detail Council’s decisions about those items and are published on the website by 5pm on the Friday following the meeting.
Minutes only for the period 1906 – 2008 are available below.
For full Business Papers for the period 1997 – 2008, please contact Council’s Access to Information Team on 98476027 or email GIPA@hornsby.nsw.gov.au.
Planning Decisions Register
Council also maintains a separate register of decisions about planning matters.
- Planning Decisions Register - 2018 - 13kb
- Planning Decisions Register - 2017 - 35kb
- Planning Decisions Register - 2016 - 65kb
- Planning Decisions Register - 2015 - 67kb
- Planning Decisions Register - 2014 - 91kb
- Planning Decisions Register - 2013 - 99kb
- Planning Decisions Register - 2012 - 187kb
- Planning Decisions Register - 2011 - 111kb
- Planning Decisions Register - 2010 - 125kb
- Planning Decisions Register - 2009 - 110kb
Audio Recording of Council Meetings
All Council meetings are audio recorded and the recordings, excluding any confidential items, are available on the website (see below). Council makes every effort to ensure the full meeting is included in the recording. However, the equipment occasionally experiences malfunctions and Council cannot
guarantee the meeting is always recorded in its entirety.
- Audio Recordings March 2017 - present
- Audio Recordings June 2015 - Feb 2017
- Audio Recordings July 2013 - May 2015
- Audio Recordings August 2011 - June 2013
Hornsby Local Planning Panel Meetings
Business Papers, Minutes and Audio Recordings in respect of matters determined by the Hornsby Local Planning Panel.