Off-leash Dog Areas
Dedicated off-leash areas
There are six dedicated off-leash areas in Hornsby Shire:
- Asquith Park, Rotherwood St, Asquith
- Crossroads Reserve, corner Turner and Berowra Waters Rds, Berowra Heights
- Greenway Park, Shepherds Drive, Cherrybrook
- Rofe Park, Galston Rd, Hornsby Heights
- Ruddock Park, Eucalyptus Drive ,Westleigh
- Dawson Avenue Parkland, Dawson Ave, Thornleigh
All the areas are fully fenced with double gate entrances and have waste bins, dog waste bags and water.
Note: Hornsby Dog Training Club has exclusive use of Rofe Park on Sunday from 12:30pm to 4:30pm. No other dogs will be allowed on the park during this time frame.
Unfenced off-leash area
The site at Lyne Rd Reserve, Cheltenham, has water, waste bags and a bin, but no fence.
Shared off-leash areas
Two other shared sites are available.
- Epping Oval, Norfolk Rd, Epping
- Ron Payne Reserve, Woods St, North Epping
At both of these sites dogs are NOT PERMITTED during organised sport and games or maintenance activities.
Using off-leash areas
To ensure off-leash areas are safe and enjoyable for everyone, please consider other users and:
- Keep your dog in sight at all times;
- Make sure your dog is under control by voice;
- Pick up and dispose of all waste correctly;
- Do not let your dog rush at or harass other dogs and people;
- Keep your dog on a lead until it is inside the fenced area and put it back on a lead before leaving.
View Dog off-leash areas in a larger map
A rescue animal may be your purr-fect pet-match!
The Hawkesbury Animal Shelter is brimming with happy, healthy pets just waiting for you to take them home.
When you adopt your pet from the Shelter you are adopting an animal which has been health checked, desexed, vaccinated and often, wormed and treated for fleas. They have also been assessed for rehoming.
If you think a rescue dog or cat is for you, please visit the Hawkesbury Animal Shelter’s gallery to view the animals they have available for you to adopt.