Waste and Recycling
Hornsby Shire Council’s School Waste Education Program (SWEP) aims to assist teachers and students understand why Waste Matters. By determining what areas of education are suitable for your school community, we can provide a tailored approach to your school’s needs.
We can assist with:
- Advice about Council’s commercial waste and recycling services for your school
- Waste audits and printable recycling signage
- Providing FREE Keep Australia Beautiful Enviromentors incursions – bookings apply.
- Units offered in 2022 include: Lunches Unwrapped, Composting, Recycling, Keeping Waterways Clean, Litter, and Waste Audits.
- Hands-on composting and worm farming support through I dig composting, as well as support for food waste reduction
- Sustainable garden set up and maintenance
- Soft plastic recycling and the Plastic Police Program
- Minimising single-use plastics and Council’s policies
- Litter issues and impacts on waterways
- Fast fashion education
For more information or to get started on your school’s projects get in contact with Waste Project Officer Emma Kark at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Waste Hotline on 13 70 30.