Bulky Waste Collection
Your scheduled bulky waste collection is for large unwanted household items. Bulky Waste items go straight to landfill so should be a last resort disposal option. Small household items should be placed straight into your red lid garbage bin.
Have a garage sale!
Before you throw away your unwanted household items, consider holding a garage sale to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and rehome unwanted items for some extra cash.
Important information about bulky waste collection
- Place items on the nature strip at the front of your property one day only before your scheduled collection.
- The maximum volume per collection is three cubic metres. If you exceed this amount you will be asked to remove it.
- Place metal items in a separate pile for recycling.
- Make sure items can be easily lifted by two people.
- Small items can go in your red lid garbage bin.
- E-waste such as computers and televisions should NOT be put out for collection. These items contain precious natural resources that can be recycled. Please take all e-waste to the Community Recycling Centre.
- Cardboard can be put into your yellow lid recycling bin or taken to a waste management centre or Community Recycling Centre.
- Residents of medium density units must place their materials in the designated collection area.
- Council has the right to refuse collection of any items.
Remember: Placing your bulky waste out front more than one day before your collection date is considered illegal dumping.
The following items CAN be put out for collection:
The following items WILL NOT be collected:|