Collection Service Requests: Missed Services, Damaged, Missing or Additional Bins

red lid garbage bin

Missed Bin or Bulky Waste Collection

If your garbage, recycling, green waste bin or bulky household waste hasn’t been collected please call our Waste Hotline on 13 70 30 and our customer service team will organise to have our collection contractor return to perform your service.

You can also report your missed service online 24 hours a day here.

After reporting your missed service, please leave your bin or bulky waste on the kerb and we will organise for it to be collected within 48 hours or 2 days.

For more information on why your bin may not have been collected visit My bin has not been collected. Why?

Damaged Bin Repair or Replacement

Your Council issued kerbside bins will be repaired or replaced for free. Please call our Waste Hotline on 13 70 30 to report a damaged or missing bin.

You can also report damaged or missing bin online 24 hours a day here.

Additional Bins

Additional kerbside bins may be ordered at the request of the resident. To order an additional bin, complete the correct form below for your property type.

The form must be signed by the owner of the property, Managing Agent, or Strata Manager.

Council will only collect domestic waste and recycling bins it has provided. These have a coloured (red, yellow bright green, blue) lid and a Hornsby Shire Council logo on the front of the body of the bin.

If you live in a townhouse or villa and have your own bins, please complete the Additional Bin Request – Houses form. If you share bins, please complete the Additional Bin Request – Apartments, Villas or Townhouses forms.

Did you know?

50 per cent of the waste in your red bin is food waste. To avoid requesting an additional red lid garbage bin, saving you money and reducing landfill waste, consider purchasing a compost bin or worm farm.

For more information, please contact Council's Waste Hotline on 13 70 30 or email waste@hornsby.nsw.gov.au

Additional waste and recycling can also be taken to a Waste Management Centre. To find the location of your nearest centre visit What can I put in my bins?