Internet guidelines and conditions
Using the internet in library indicates agreement to the following guidelines and not complying may result in your internet access being withdrawn.
- Internet computers may be booked for one hour, which can be extended up to two further one hour blocks depending on availability.
- Please be on time for your session. If you are 10 minutes late the booking will be cancelled.
- A maximum of two people may use a computer together at any one time.
- Printing is charged per A4 or A3 page.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children's use of the internet and selection of online resources.
Conditions of Use
1. You must comply with all directions of Library staff concerning the use of the internet.
2. The Internet Service is available primarily as a research tool. The service is not to be used for any of the following purposes:
- commercial e-mail or other commercial use
- sending obscene, indecent, offensive, harassing or threatening electronic mail
- bulk transmission of unsolicited electronic mail
- any activity of an illegal, fraudulent or defamatory nature
- displaying, printing, downloading, distributing or transmitting any material that is offensive, sexually explicit or otherwise unsuitable for persons under 18 years of age
3. You must not reproduce, distribute, transmit, publish or commercially exploit any information accessed through the Internet Service that would infringe any copyright, patent, trade mark, design or other intellectual or industrial property right of any person.
4. You must not:
- in any way alter hardware or software configurations
- download any data or files that cannot be read using the web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer)
- download any audio or video applications
- save any data or files on the hard drive
- in any way represent that you are in any way connected with the Library or the Council.
5. You agree at all times to indemnify the Library and the Council, and their officers, employees and agents from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability arising in relation to:
- a breach by the user of these Guidelines & Conditions of Use;
- any willful, unlawful or negligent act or omission of the user; and
- a claim that a party's copyright or other rights have been infringed through your use of the Internet Service
- The library has no control over internet sites or information and is not responsible for:
- the content, accuracy and validity of information and materials
- the availability of sites or limitations on user access
- Filtering technologies have been installed. However the choice of internet sites you access is your responsibility alone. The Library and the Council are not liable or responsible for any material on the internet that any person finds upsetting, indecent, defamatory, personally offensive, inappropriate or in any way unsuitable for persons under 18 years of age.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the sites their children access during their internet sessions. Parents/guardians should work with and supervise their children's internet sessions.
- The Library and the Council shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly in relation to the use of the Internet Service.
- Copyright laws prohibit the unauthorised reproduction or distribution of copyrighted materials, except as permitted by the principles of 'fair dealing'. You will be responsible if your use of the Internet Service infringes the copyright or any other rights of another person.