Community Event Grants Program
Submissions have now closed.
Council is pleased to announce that funding is now available to support local community events, with our annual Community Event Grants program now open.
Submission opening date:
Monday, 10 October 2022
Submission closing date:
Sunday, 13 November 2022
- Encourage community-based organisations to develop and run sustainable events which meet and enhance community activities in the Hornsby Shire Local Government Area, and preference be given to events that involve local residents.
- Promote the active participation of local residents in community initiatives, and the development of their capacity, skills, knowledge and opportunities.
- Provide assistance to the community to develop initiatives and services, which are consistent with Council objectives and programs, but not directly operated by Council.
- Community Event Partnership Grant projects should be self-sustaining at the end of the funding term.
Funding is available for not-for-profit organisations located within Hornsby Shire LGA.
$60,000 will be available through two (2) funding pools – either a Community Event Partnership Grant or a Place Activation Grant.
- A total of $42,000 per annum will be provided under the Community Event Grant funding pool. Cash funding, in kind support and sponsorship is available up to a total value of $7,000 per applicant organisation per annum under the same pool.
- A total of $18,000 per annum will be provided under the Place Activation Grant Funding pool. Cash funding, in kind support and sponsorship is available up to a total value of $3,000 per annum, per applicant organisation. These grants are designed to be one-off only.
Please see the Community Grants Program guide for eligibility criteria and further information.