Waste and Recycling
Council provides a range of waste removal and recycling services for residents and local businesses.
- Find my garbage collection day and kerbside cleanup dates
- What goes in each bin?
- Can I have additional bins?
- Kerbside cleanups
- Disposing of hazardous household waste
- Chipping days
- Second Hand Saturday
- Food Waste
- Composting and worm farming
- Join the Compost Revolution
- Electronic waste (computers, VCRs etc)
- Batteries, globes, mobile phones, ink cartridges
- A-Z Waste Guide
- Waste education events
- Waste management centres
- Frequently asked questions
- Ready Set Grow
- Waste Programs
- Recycling and Garbage Services
- Assignment information
- Hornsby Environment Network for Schools (HENS)
Services in public spaces
Avoidance is the best way to reduce waste. When you are considering purchasing a new item, ask yourself:
- Do you really need to buy that product?
- How will you dispose of the packaging?
- What will you do with the old one?
- Can it be composted?
- Can someone else use it?
Avoid, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle - It all starts with your shopping habits.
See also www.livinggreener.gov.au for more information about reducing waste.