Bulky Waste Collection - Apartments
Council provides a bulky waste collection once a month for selected apartment buildings. Your scheduled bulky waste collection is for large unwanted household items. Bulky waste items go straight to landfill so should be a last resort disposal option. If you live in an apartment building which is 3 storeys and below, you are eligible for Council’s Bulky Waste collection service.
Important information about your bulky waste collection
- Size matters when it comes to your bulky waste! Maximum of 3 cubic metre size limit (3m x 1m x 1m) per building. If your building exceeds this amount you will be asked to remove it
- Deconstruct furniture where practical to help reduce volume
- Items must be easily lifted by two people
- Maximum 2 metre length for any item
- Placing your bulky waste out more than one day before your collection date is considered illegal dumping and fines may apply
- Small household items should be placed straight into your red lid garbage bin or garbage chute
- Click here to find out what items are accepted and not accepted in your collection.
Bulky waste collection dates for buildings 3 storeys and below
The South area includes suburbs from:
- North Epping
- Pennant Hills
- West Pennant Hills
Bulky waste collection for your apartment block will be: Second Thursday of each month.
Download a copy of the south area bulky waste collection calendar.
The North area includes suburbs from:
Bulky waste collection for your apartment block will be: Third Thursday of each month.
Download a copy of the nort area bulky waste collection calendar.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all apartment buildings receive monthly bulky waste collection, please speak with your building manager or contact Waste Hotline on 9847 4856 to confirm collection date.
What you can do if your building is above 3 storeys
Most apartment buildings above 3 storeys have a designated area within their complex where residents can store bulky waste items. You need to contact your Strata Management, Managers Agent, Owners Corporation or Body Corporate to organise all your bulky waste storage and removal requirements.
Options for unwanted items
If your unwanted items are still in good condition, consider donating them to charity or contacting The Bower for a free pick-up service. You can also advertise locally online through Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree or eBay. This helps reduce waste going to landfill and supports community reuse of resources. For more information visit Options for unwanted items