Renewable Energy Market Sounding Process
Council is continuously working to reduce its carbon emissions through investment in renewable energy initiatives. Council is now looking for further opportunities to reduce its carbon footprint through the investigation of next-generation technologies that will increase Council’s long-term financial sustainability and deliver on its inter-generational social responsibilities.
Council recognises that the renewable energy landscape and technology more broadly is evolving at an increasingly rapid rate, as are the commercial arrangements for their creation and application. Consequently, Council is proposing to undertake an expression of interest process for the provision of next generation renewable energy applications that can be delivered through leveraging existing Council-owned land and or facilities.
However, before embarking on any formal procurement process Council is undertaking a ‘Market Sounding’ process. It is anticipated that this process will:
- improve Council’s knowledge of the renewable energy infrastructure market and assist Council in understanding the industry’s value drivers and financial constraints in the provision of renewable energy infrastructure for local government
- enable industry to advise Council of information that it may wish to consider including within the expression of interest documentation and how this information may assist potential proponents in the expression of interest process, and
- allow Council to engage in open and transparent dialogue with organisations within the renewable energy industry to assure the quality of the subsequent expression of interest process and the information provided to proponents as part of this process.
Using the following criteria Council has identified several companies that it believes are well-placed to provide this initial advice. However, Council is willing to consider discussions with other organisations that meet this criterion:
- Experience in a variety of renewable energy technologies
- Experience delivering commercial renewable energy projects
- Previous engagement by government organisations for the delivery of renewable energy technologies
- Experience and capacity in the development of designs for renewable energy infrastructure
- Experience in Public Private Partnerships or arrangements where public infrastructure is provided through private sector financing
- Membership of recognised professional body within the renewable energy industry.
It is important to note that this process is not a procurement process. Council is not seeking information on particular types of technologies or their application, nor the merits of individual organisations or their capabilities. Any supply of future goods and services in relation to this initiative will be open to all organisations as part of the following Expression of Interest process.
If you believe your organisation meets the before-mentioned criteria and would like further information in relation to this process, please contact Gary Parsons at email@example.com, who is coordinating this process on behalf of Council.
Participation in the ‘Market Sounding’ process does not imply any registration, pre-qualification or any other preferred status in respect of involvement in any future procurement.
Organisations will not be recompensed for their participation in this process.
Organisations which do not participate in this market sounding process will not be prejudiced in any way in respect of any subsequent procurement process in relation to this, or any other Council project.
Switch to GreenPower
Switching to 100% GreenPower is the best thing you can do for the planet today. GreenPower is a great option for renters and people who can’t install rooftop solar.