Signs and Banners

Council is responsible for signs and banners throughout the Shire and can investigate unauthorised signage.

Some signage is exempt from Council control, such as real estate signs and community banners.

There are also a number of places in Hornsby Shire where short-term community banners can be displayed without consent. Download a list of Exempt banner locations and rules - 253kb.

Approval may be required for some advertising signage. For more information refer to the NSW Government Planning Portal. If you need advice on the approval process, contact Council's Town Planning Team.

If you have concerns about unauthorised signage in Hornsby Shire you can ask Council to investigate.