Online Development Application and Planning Related Applications Lodgement
As of 1 July 2020, all Development Applications and other planning related applications must be lodged with Hornsby Shire Council electronically via the NSW Planning Portal. This is an initiative of the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment, and they have established the Portal for lodgement of applications.
Hard-copy applications will no longer be accepted at Council’s Administration Building, either in person or via the mail. Council’s Customer Service Team will be happy to assist you in lodging your application via the NSW Planning Portal.
The NSW Planning Portal allows for a more convenient and environmentally friendly process for the lodgement of your application, allowing you to lodge online — anywhere, anytime.
You can now lodge the following Applications and Certificates through the NSW Planning Portal:
- Development Application
- Section 4.55 Modification Application
- Section 8.2 Review of Determination
- Complying Development Certificates
- Construction Certificates
- Occupation Certificates
- Subdivision Certificate
- PC Appointment
To Submit Online
To submit your application online you need to register for a Portal account. Once registration is complete you will be required to fill out an online application form and upload your application documentation.
It is necessary to submit the same documentation with your online application that is required by Council’s checklists.
If your application is complete it will be accepted for lodgement and Council’s Customer Service Team will contact you via the Portal to arrange payment of the application fees.
Payment of the invoice must be made within 48 hours of receipt otherwise the application will be cancelled.
Applications are not considered to be legally lodged with Council until the application fees have been paid in full.
Council’s Assessment Team will check your application to make sure that it includes everything needed in order to assess your proposal.
During the assessment of your online application, if Council requires additional information this will be communicated to you through the Portal. All additional information you provide to Council must be submitted through the Portal.
Council will also send your DA to any government agencies that require Concurrence or Integrated Development through the Portal.
After the assessment process is completed, you will be notified about your application through the Portal.
Further information on online applications is available on the NSW Planning Portal.
If you need assistance using the Online application service, please visit the Department of Planning How To Guides or contact Service NSW on 1300 305 695 for additional support.
Applications Not Available through the E-Planning Portal
For the lodgement of the following planning applications please visit Council’s Online Services Portal:
- Application for Approval to Install a Wastewater Management System
- Application for Vehicular Crossing Boundary Levels
- Assessment / Review of Construction or Environmental Management Plans
- Building Certificate
- Bushfire Attack Level Certificate (BAL)
- Execution of Legal Documents
- Hoarding/Temporary Fencing
- Out of Hours Construction
- Pre-Lodgement Application and Written Planning Advice
- Subdivision Works Certificate (formerly known as Subdivision Construction Certificate)
- Subdivision Works Certificate – Private (formerly known as Subdivision Construction Certificate – Private)
- Swimming Pool Barrier Inspection Request/Compliance Certificate