Terms and Conditions
By registering for Second-Hand Hornsby garage sale, you acknowledge that Hornsby Shire Council has no responsibility for the operation of the garage sale and the goods sold. Council’s only role is to publish details of the garage sale on various media platforms as previously outlined.
To participate in this program and be eligible for future programs, the following terms and conditions apply:
- All items to be sold must be on your residential property. Nothing can be on the footpath or roadway.
- You must only sell second-hand goods, and you must not sell any of the following: dangerous and/or illegal items, chemicals, faulty and/or recalled items, firearms, rubbish, and food and drink of any kind.
- You must not leave any items on the footpath or roadway after your garage sale. You must not illegally dump any unwanted/unsold goods at any time. It is your responsibility to rehome or responsibly dispose of unsold goods. Residents of Hornsby Shire may check their bulky waste collection dates. Bulky waste collection may be one option for disposal of unwanted/unsold goods. Some goods may also be eligible for disposal at Council’s Community Recycling Centre at 29 Sefton Road, Thornleigh.
- You agree to have the information provided at the time of registration be made publicly available on Hornsby Shire Council’s website.
- You agree to comply with all relevant COVID-19 public health orders, regulations and/or laws in force at the time of your garage sale.
- The Second Hand Hornsby garage sale listings are only available for locations in the Hornsby Shire.
If these terms and conditions are not met Hornsby Shire Council may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue the Second-Hand Hornsby pages of the website in part, or entirety, or change or modify details relating to garage sale events at its absolute discretion. Fines and/or penalties will apply if unwanted and unsold goods are illegally dumped on any public land.