Bin Collection Changes
We have recently reviewed our waste collection services to streamline our bin collection number across certain suburbs within the Hornsby Shire. These changes will improve the consistency and reliability of our service to you.
Changes commence Monday 11 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Council changing the bin collection days?
- The number of bins collected on each day of the week needed to be balanced out as a result of changes to Local Government Boundaries.
- This will improve the consistency and reliability of Council’s Domestic Waste Collection Services.
- Not all properties in the Council area will be affected by these changes.
Is my collection day changing?
- Click the button below and enter in your property address details. This will show if there is any change to your bin collection day.
Will these changes mean I have to pay more rates?
- These changes will not result in any increase to the Annual Domestic Waste Management Charge.
What happens if I forget to put my bin out on the new day?
- If you forget to put your bin out on the new collection day, please contact the Waste Hotline on 9847 4856 to arrange for a missed collection service for your property.
My bin wasn’t collected. What do I do?
- Please contact the Waste Hotline on 9847 4856 as soon as possible to arrange for your bin to be emptied.
Only half the bins in our street were collected? When will these bins be emptied?
- If you notice not all the bins in your street were collected please contact the Waste Hotline on 9847 4856.
Someone else puts my bins out because they are too heavy to bring up my steep drive. My old collection day was Wednesday. My new collection day is Monday and they cannot come over on Sunday nights. What can I do?
- Please discuss these changes with the person currently putting your bins out or ask someone else to provide you with assistance.
- Council may be able to provide a wheel out and wheel back service, but we will need to request further information to assess your eligibility.
It appears I will have to wait three weeks instead of two weeks for my recycling bin to be collected during the changeover period. Is this correct?
- No! You will not have to wait an additional week for your next collection. Affected residents will be provided with an additional recycling collection service and advised via letter.
Why do my recycling and green waste collection weeks have to change?
- The changes have been made to balance out the number of bins collected on each day of the week to improve the consistency and reliability of Council’s Domestic Waste Collection Services.
- Not all properties in the Local Government Area will be affected by these changes.
My bin day has not changed on Council’s Website “Find your bin collection date”. Is this correct?
- Yes, this is correct! Not all properties in the Council area will have a change to their bin collection day.
I didn’t receive any information about the changes?
- Council used the following methods of communication.
- Direct Mail
- Sticker Sealing Garbage Bin
- Local Print Media
- Rates Notice
- Social Media
Where can I find out more?
If you have additional questions, please contact Council’s Waste Hotline on 9847 4856 or email email@example.com.