Save Our Recycling
Hornsby Shire Council supports the Save Our Recycling campaign
In 2017 the NSW Government collected $727 million from industry, business and local government, through the waste levy but only 18% of that is reinvested in recycling and waste management.
Offshore processing of waste has never been a good long-term option for NSW. China’s tighter restrictions on what type of waste it will accept has brought this issue to the forefront.
The Save Our Recycling campaign calls on the NSW Government to commit to reinvesting 100% of that levy to develop a local resource recovery and recycling industry.
Waste & Recycling EnquiriesPlease call the Waste Hotline on
Hornsby Shire Council Waste Depot - Christmas Opening Hours
- Closed from 12.00 midday Monday 24 December 2018
- Closed Public Holidays and Weekends
- Open from 8.30am to 5pm (Thursday 27 December 2018, Friday 28 December and Monday 31 December 2018)
Customer Service Counter
- Closed from 12.00 midday Monday 24 December 2018 until Tuesday 1 January 2019 (inclusive)
- Re-opens on Wednesday 2 January 2019
Community Recycling Centre
- Closed from Tuesday 25 December 2018 until Tuesday 1 January 2019
- Re-opens Wednesday 2 January (Please note the CRC is closed on Mondays)
- There will be NO CHANGES to collection days (including collections that fall on a Public Holiday). The collection times may differ over this period so please ensure all bins are placed out the evening prior to your collection day.