Septic Tank Pump-out Service System
Required Information for the installation of Pump-out
When lodging your application, the following information must be supplied in order for Council to assess your application.
- Manufacturer’s plans and specifications indicating septic tank and collection well(s) dimensions and capacities, plus the licensed plumber’s name, address, phone number and licence number.
- An accurately drawn, detailed site plan drawn to scale and showing:
- The position of the house.
- Floor plans for the dwelling showing all bedrooms, study, rumpus room, etc.
- The sanitary fittings of the house (including toilet(s), bathroom(s), kitchen and laundry wastewater disposal points) with internal and external drainage to wastewater tanks marked.
- The position of the tanks, the draw-off pipe and the suction outlet at street level. Note that tanks must be located a minimum of 1.5m from the dwelling, driveway or any impervious surfaces.
- The position of the tanker standing area located a minimum of 3 metres from the centre line of the road.
- A contour plan from dwelling to draw-off pipe.
- Failure to supply the above information may result in processing delays.
- Delays in approval may occur if Council’s Environmental Compliance Team needs to assess the availability of adequate access and manoeuvrability of sullage tankers.
- If the holding well is installed in a position lower than the pipe outlet, a pump must be installed. This pump must be capable of delivering a flow rate of 364 L / min at the outlet.
- If the holding well is installed in a position higher than the pipe outlet, a gate valve must be installed at the draw off pipe.
- In situations where the placement of the pump-out pipe is through another property, an easement must be created. This may require assistance from solicitors and must adhere to Council’s “Terms of Easement” conditions.
- To determine the optimum capacity for both septic tanks and holding wells, contact the Environmental Compliance Team on 9847 6829 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Council requires that all wastewater applications are prepared in accordance with recommendations in Environment & Health Protection Guidelines and Australian Standard 1547:2012.