Out of Hours Work
An Out of Hours Permit is required to carry out work on building sites outside normal permitted times. The normal working hours as approved by Council are:
Monday to Friday - 7.00am to 5.00pm
Saturday – 7.00am to 5.00pm
Sunday and public holidays - no work permitted
- Development Application conditions
Where a DA has been issued for the works, those conditions will dictate the permitted working hours.
Council recognises there are circumstances where it is necessary to carry out works on building sites outside of permitted times.
Each application will be assessed on its individual merit and circumstances, taking into account the effect on the safety and amenity to residents and general public. All applications must be approved by a Council Officer and will not automatically be granted approval.
Applications should be lodged at least 48 hours ahead of the scheduled works. This will allow time to consider the request and to notify local residents. Applications need to clearly outline the works and provide justification.
- Concrete pours: Where there is an engineering requirement, frequency of concrete deliveries, weather and size of the pour itself.
- Tower crane installations and dismantle: For safety reasons, minimise traffic disruption / road closures and restricted travel times for heavy vehicles.
- Restricted delivery times and access: Restricted travel times for heavy vehicles, restrictions placed by other authorities or impacts emergency services such as hospitals.
- Business park or shopping precinct: For safety reasons and to minimise disruption to daily tenants.
Applying for an Out of Hours permit can now be made online with the upfront payment of the non-refundable Permit Fee.
The total cost payable by the applicant will be based on Council’s Fees and Charges as applicable for the works to be carried out. The permit will be assessed by Council’s Environmental Compliance Officer.