Hornsby Shire Council Design Excellence Panel
Hornsby Shire Council is seeking expressions of interest from experts in the fields of architecture, urban design and landscape design to become members of the Design Excellence Panel. The Design Excellence Panel is to evaluate and critique design aspects of proposed development in Hornsby Shire and provide recommendations on how the development can better achieve design excellence.
Design Excellence Panel meetings will take place approximately once per calendar month. Applicants should refer to the Terms of Reference for further information on the operation and role of the panel.
- Demonstrated extensive experience within one or more of the following disciplines:
- Landscape architecture;
- Urban design; or
- Suitably qualified so as to be eligible for membership with the relevant professional body;
- Demonstrated experience or relevant skills to provide expert panel advice, and willingness to liaise and prepare joint reports with other members of the panel in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to critically consider design elements to achieve favourable planning outcomes consistent with planning instruments and development controls.
- Understanding of the existing values and desired development outcomes of Hornsby Shire; and
- Public liability insurance ($10 million) and certificate of currency for workers compensation insurance.
This is a contract role with an initial 2 year period.
Remuneration for Panel members (excluding GST) is as follows:
|Half day||Full day|
Applications addressing the selection criteria can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Submissions close 5pm Friday 30 August, 2019).
For further information please contact Rod Pickles, Manager Development Assessments on 9847-6731.