Tax Help2023-07-29 9:00:00 2023-10-30 17:00:00 Australia/Sydney Tax Help Sold out, join the waitlist Presented by The Australian Taxation OfficeDo you need help lodging your tax return? Our ATO-trained... Australia Lauren Page firstname.lastname@example.org
Event cost: Free. Bookings essential on 9847 6813.
Phone: 9847 6813
Presented by The Australian Taxation Office
Do you need help lodging your tax return? Our ATO-trained and accredited community volunteers can help people earning $60,000 or less lodge their tax return online.
Clients must register with MyGov prior to their appointment and should bring with them:
- your myGov username and password and your mobile phone to receive your SMS security code
- proof of identity
- Medicare card
- bank account details (BSB and account number)
- tax file number (TFN)
- any supporting documents – e.g., payment summaries, receipts for gifts or donations, information about any child support paid, or receipts for work related expenses.
Are You Eligible for Tax Help?
You are eligible for Tax Help if you earned around $60,000 or less for the income year and you didn't:
- work as a contractor – for example, a contract cleaner, taxi or uber driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, that is not a foreign pension or annuity.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria, please contact the ATO Hotline on 13 28 61 for more information.