Chipping for Mulch2019-12-08 7:30:00 2019-12-08 12:30:00 Australia/Sydney Chipping for Mulch Bring your garden prunings and branches that don’t fit in your green bin and have them chipped into mulch.You can... Australia Victor Lo email@example.com
Event cost: Free to Hornsby Shire Council residents only
Phone: 9847 4856
Bring your garden prunings and branches that don’t fit in your green bin and have them chipped into mulch.
You can also take home free mulch, even if you haven’t brought any branches to be chipped. Please bring a shovel and bags/containers to load your car with free mulch or Council can help load your ute/trailer with our Kanga loader.
The following conditions apply:
- Maximum volume of 4 cubic metres per vehicle.
- Freshly cut branches up to a maximum diameter of 350 mm.
- Present pruning’s/branches with thickest end to rear of vehicle or trailer to assist with unloading and feeding into chipper.
- No bagged green waste, dry timber, noxious and other weeds, lawn clippings or small twigs and sticks.
- No tree stumps, bamboo, palm trees, tree ferns or coral trees.
- Please remember to cover your load.
Please note: The EPA has changed its requirements for mulch and compost and Council cannot accept any weed species. If your load contains any weed species your whole load will not be accepted.
Reminder: Council has a Tree Preservation Order and there are restrictions on clearing and thinning of native Bushland. If you’re unsure, phone Council's environment team on 9847 6666 before you start cutting.
For more information about the chipping service phone Council's Waste Management Team on 9847 4856.