Remagine - Terms and Conditions
Please read the Conditions of Entry because they change every year.
Remagine is a competitive, non-acquisitive competition and exhibition. Remagine is organised and sponsored by Hornsby Shire Council and delivered in partnership with Hornsby Art Society, through the Remagine Project Team. The Remagine Project Team shall hereafter be referred to as the Organisers.
All entries must address the 2019 theme: Addicted to Consumerism – entries that do not address this theme will not be considered for the competition or exhibition.
- 1.1 Remagine is open to all permanent Australian residents aged 18 years and over (as at 1 June 2019) with the exception of participating judges, members of the Remagine Prizes Project Team and their immediate family.
- 1.2 All artworks must be original work commenced and completed by the entrant within the last twelve (12) months (May 2018 – May 2019).
2. ENTRY SUBMISSION AND FEE
- 2.1 Entries to Remagine 2019 open Thursday 14 February and close at midnight, Sunday 12 May 2019.
- 2.2 The entrant must nominate their work to fit into one of the following categories: Mixed Media 3D, Mixed Media 2D, Digital Art - Stills
- 2.2.1 Digital Art - Stills is defined as any artistic practice or artwork that relies on the use of computers in its main creation. A Still or Still Imagery is considered to be a non-moving visual representation. Digital photography, digital imaging, digital painting, digital illustrating and traditional art, subject to the Conditions of Entry, will be accepted into the Digital Art category.
- All artworks submitted into the Digital Art – Stills Category must be printed and framed.
- 2.2.2 Mixed Media 3D is defined as artworks created in three dimensions. For the purposes of the Remagine competition, all works must use recycled/reused objects in the construction of the artwork.
- 2.2.3 Mixed Media 2D is defined as artwork created in two dimensions. For the purposes of the Remagine competition, all works must use recycled/reused objects in the construction of the artwork.
- 2.3 Entries (including digital photographs of the artwork) are to be submitted online at www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/remagine.
- 2.4 One photograph is required to complete an entry submission. Artists entering work into the Mixed Media 3D and Mixed Media 2D may submit two photos.
- 2.5 Digital photographs of artwork should be no more than 2MB.
- 2.6 An entry comprises of a completed online submission including digital photograph/s of the artwork/video and payment of a non-refundable entry fee of $20.00 (including GST) per artwork. Payment of entry fee is to be made online at the time of submitting the entry.
- 2.7 There is no limit to the number of entries that may be submitted. A separate entry form needs to be completed for each entry.
3. CLEANAWAY AWARD
- 3.1 All finalists will be considered for the Cleanaway Award
4. PREPARATION OF ARTWORK:
- 4.1 All artworks submitted must be complete.
- 4.2 Any works proposed to be hung must be appropriately mounted with ‘D’ rings attached by the artist.
- 4.3 Works with hanging wire, inappropriate cord, screw eyes, other protruding metal or wire will not be accepted.
- 4.4 Mixed Media 3D must be submitted on or accompanied by a white plinth for exhibition. The plinth must be labelled with the artist’s name, artwork title and contact details. If entrants do not have access to a suitable plinth, contact the Remagine Project Manager.
- 4.5 A label with artist’s name, phone number, title of work and price must be marked clearly on the back of each artwork. These details must be the same as the entry form.
- 4.6 All submissions require an artist statement, maximum 250 words. This should include how the work addresses the theme ‘Addicted to Consumerism’. For the Mixed Media 3D and Mixed Media 2D categories it should also include how and where the materials were sourced. Council reserves the right to edit all finalist artist statements.
- 4.7 Where the artwork consists of multiples, a photograph illustrating the set-up of the multiples must be attached to the work with the label.
- 4.8 The Remagine Project Team reserves the right to disqualify an artwork without recourse or refund if the artwork does not meet the abovementioned presentation standards.
5. SIZE AND WEIGHT OF ARTWORK:
- 5.1 The maximum size of artworks entered into Remagine is limited to one hundred and ten centimetres (110cm) in any one direction and 15kg. Artworks will need to fit through Wallarobba's (80cm) doorway. Please contact the Remagine Project Manager at email@example.com for more information.
- 5.2 Any artwork that exceeds this size or weight will not be considered for the exhibition or award.
6. EXHIBITION OF ARTWORK
- 6.1 The Remagine Finalists’ Exhibition will take place at Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre, 25 Edgeworth David Avenue, Hornsby. It will run from 10am-4pm, Wednesday 29 May to Sunday 16 June 2019.
- 6.2 All works selected for the exhibition will be listed on Hornsby Shire Council website after 5pm on Monday 20 May 2019 at www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/remagine.
- 6.3 Artists will also be advised by email of their inclusion in the exhibition.
- 6.4 All works selected for exhibition must remain on show for the duration of the exhibition. No early collection can be accommodated.
- 6.5 All artworks are hung in the best relative position as determined by Hornsby Art Society.
7. DELIVERY OF ARTWORK
- 7.1 All artworks selected for exhibition must be delivered to the Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre on Sunday 26 May 2019 between 5pm-7pm. Only artworks selected for exhibition will be accepted at the Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre. Unless specifically arranged prior with the Remagine Project Manager, works will not be accepted at any other time. Please contact the Remagine Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7.2 All delivery and collection costs are the responsibility of the artist.
- 7.3 Works not delivered at the designated time will be ineligible for exhibition and disqualified from final adjudication.
8. COLLECTION OF ARTWORK:
- 8.1 Artists must collect their work/s on Sunday 16 June 2019 from Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre from 5pm-7pm.
- 8.2 If circumstances prohibit Artists from collecting their work/s at the set time, then Artists are advised to contact the Remagine Project Manager at email@example.com to make alternative arrangements.
- 8.3 Work/s not collected by 3pm, Friday 21 June 2019 will be disposed of at the discretion of Hornsby Shire Council.
9. SELECTION AND ADJUDICATION
- 9.1 The judging panel will select artworks for exhibition based on digital files submitted as part of the entry process. The final adjudication will take place once the exhibition has been installed.
- 9.2 All prizes will be awarded on the advice of the judges, with the exception of the People’s Choice Award. The judges’ decision is final.
- 9.3 Voting for the People’s Choice Award will close on Sunday 16 June 2019 at 4:00pm. The winner will be notified by phone and email and announced through Council’s media and social media channels.
- 9.4 Entrants shall not offer any gifts, hospitality or other inducements to judges or the Remagine Project Team for the duration of the competition and exhibition. The offer of any gifts, hospitality or other inducements to judges may result in the disqualification of the entrants’ artwork from the competition.
- 9.5 The Organisers present the Remagine Competition and Finalists’ Exhibition. Entrants’ artworks are judged by a panel of independent adjudicators. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the prize pool; not to award prizes or add additional prizes based upon on the Judge’s decisions.
- 10.1 Prizes will be detailed at www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/remagine
11. SALE OF ARTWORKS:
- 11.1 All artworks exhibited in the Remagine exhibition are for sale with the price clearly marked on both on the back of the artwork and in the entry submission.
- 11.2 The Hornsby Art Society will coordinate the sale of works and charge a commission of 25%. If GST should be applied to the sale of your artwork, please include it in the total sale price.
- 12.1 The Organisers will take all reasonable care but will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any artwork whilst in their custody. The Organisers do not insure the works whilst in transit, in storage or on exhibition. Artists must arrange their own insurance to cover potential damage, loss or theft.
- 13.1 Copyright for submitted works remains the property of the entrant.
- 13.2 Finalist entrants grant the Organisers’ non-exclusive license to use images of their work, in print and online, within Australia for;
- 13.2.1 A period of three years for the purpose of promoting Remagine.
- 13.3 If Hornsby Shire Council would like to use your artwork, other than for promoting Remagine, Hornsby Shire Council will contact the Artist directly to seek approval.
- 14.1 Artists will be credited both online, and alongside their physical artworks, when on display.
- 15.1 All personal information collected by the Organisers will be used solely for the purpose of the delivery of the annual Remagine exhibition.