COVID-19 Update – 29 January 2021
It is now mandatory to sign in on the NSW Government COVID Safe QR Code app each time you visit our facilities.
In accordance with NSW Health’s Public Health Orders, as of midnight Friday 29 January 2021, face masks are strongly recommended for patrons attending Council's libraries and the Customer Service desks at Council Chambers and the Waste Management facility in Thornleigh. If you do not have a face mask, our friendly team will supply you with one free of charge. Patrons attending Hornsby Shire Aquatic & Leisure Centres and the Thornleigh Brickpit are not required to wear a mask. Further information is available on the NSW Health website here.
Hornsby Shire Libraries are operating in accordance with the latest COVID-19 safety guidelines from NSW Government.
Our libraries are operating with limited hours, and we encourage you to use our Click & Collect service to keep your visit as brief as possible.
We are progressively increasing services and opening hours over the coming months based on advice from state and federal government.
All libraries are operating with limited services and reduced opening hours.
Monday - Thursday: 10am-9pm
Monday - Thursday: 10am-9pm
Monday - Thursday: 1.30pm-5.30pm
Saturday: 10am-12noon and 1pm-4pm
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 1pm-5pm
Friday: 10am-12noon and 1pm-5pm
Saturday: 10am-12 noon
Wednesday and Sunday: Closed
- Library membership is available here (https://hornsby.spydus.com/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/MSGTRN/WPAC/JOIN).
- You will need to provide proof of address when you visit the library to complete your membership and receive your library card.
- You may reserve items with your temporary membership number.
- You will not be able to reserve digital resources with a temporary library membership.
- Normal loan periods apply across collections. Customers are reminded to always check the loans slip or email to confirm the due date for every item borrowed.
- Standard reminder, overdue and lost item notices (email and postal) are being produced.
- Click & Collect
- Browsing of all library collections.
- Digital resources can be accessed from our eLibrary and via the Library App.
- Storytime will continue to be offered online on our Facebook page.
- We are still offering events online. Please check the Library events page for details.
- Justice of the Peace services are available from Monday 23 November
- Public computers, printing and copying. All technology services are offered on a self-help basis. Limited computers are currently available so pre-booking is recommended. Online computer help is available or staff can provide printed instructions.
- Limited individual study spaces and tables at Hornsby, Pennant Hills and Berowra Libraries. Bookings are not required.
- Small study rooms seating up to 2 people for a maximum of 2 hours per day at Hornsby Library. Bookings are recommended.
- Public Wi-Fi, at Hornsby, Pennant Hills Berowra libraries.
- No newspapers
- No lounge seating
- No group study room
- No meeting rooms
- No fines were applied to overdue items with return dates between March 16 and October 18 inclusive. Overdue fines were/are being applied prior to and after this period.
- After hours returns chutes are available at all branches.
NSW Health has updated the COVID-19 Safety Plan for Libraries and it is now a mandatory requirement for libraries to record the details of visitors for contact tracing purposes.
- All Hornsby Shire Libraries will operate within current guidelines for social distancing and gatherings of people for the safety of our staff and members.
- Your cooperation with staff in observing these guidelines is required and appreciated.
- Conditions of Entry:
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell, please stay at home
- Observe social distancing guidelines
- Sanitise your hands on entry and maintain good hygiene practices
- Signage indicates the maximum safe capacity for all areas. You may be required to wait before entering the library
- Follow the Library Code of Conduct