The Library ATAC and Luxo Magnification Lamp are currently unavailable due to the refurbishment of Hornsby Central Library.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Hornsby Shire Library has a range of computer programs and equipment to help people with a disability access information and resources.
For more information on any of the below equipment phone Hornsby Library on 9847 6614.
- Software that converts scanned print material into speech.
- Magnifies up to 16 times the original screen size.
- Track what you magnify by movement of the mouse, keyboard, or text editing.
- Magnifies the library catalogue, word processing and the internet.
- Powerful screen reader.
- Access to the internet and word processing.
- You must have prior training to use this software. If you need training please contact Vision Australia on 1300 847 466.
Closed Circuit Television
- Assists with day to day writing and reading activities by enlarging text as you work, e.g. completing bank forms, writing letters.
- Enlarges the original text three to 40 times.
- Magnifies the original document up to three times.
- Useful for reading spine labels and book covers.
- Large keyboard, useful for people with limited hand movement and/or sight.
- Larger mouse fitted with a ball on the top for easy movement, useful for people with limited hand movement.