Waitara Station Upgrade
Have your say
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Waitara Station Planning is underway to improve accessibility at Waitara Station to make it easier for people with additional mobility requirements, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
Feedback on the early concept design is invited until 7 October 2020.
Artist's Impression of the proposed Waitara Station Upgrade, subject to change during detailed design
Key features of the proposed upgrade include:
- two new lifts, one connecting the commuter car park to the underpass and one from the underpass to the station platforms
- a new walkway to connect the lift to the platform
- improvements to the Waitara Avenue Commuter Car Park including relocating the existing accessible parking spaces closer to station entrance and formalising the kiss and ride zone
- regrading the platform including new tactiles
- improvements to amenities including a new family accessible toilet and a unisex ambulant toilet, and associated access ramps
- new handrails and treads on stairs where required
- new bike rack on Alexandria Parade
- widening the footpath from Waitara Avenue to the bus stop on Pacific Highway
- additional CCTV and lighting
- provision of a kiss and ride on Alexandria Parade, pending further consultation with council.
Further Information including additional images of the proposed upgrade can be found on on the project website at transport.nsw.gov.au/waitara
Indicative layout of Waitara Station Upgrade, subject to detailed design
How to provide feedback on the concept design
View the plans and fill out the online feedback form at transport.nsw.gov.au/waitara
You can also provide feedback by emailing email@example.com or calling 1800 684 490. Under normal circumstances Transport for NSW would hold community information sessions at the station. We regret that due to the COVID-19 social distancing measures, we can’t. We are still available by phone and email and look forward to hearing your questions that way.
Feedback on the concept design can be provided until 7 October 2020. Feedback from the community will help inform the Review of Environmental Factors (REF), which will be placed on public display in the coming months. We will keep the community informed about opportunities to provide feedback during the public display of the REF.
Why accessibility upgrades are needed at Waitara Station?
Waitara Station does not currently meet key requirements of the Commonwealth Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA) and the Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002 (DSAPT).
Upgrading the station precinct will make Waitara Station accessible to transport customers with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.