Mission Australia Hornsby
Northern Sydney District Homelessness and early intervention and prevention program.
Phone: 9480 2500
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Link to Home
Temporary accommodation for those experiencing homelessness. Housing are providing additional resources for those who need to self-isolate or who are in a domestic and violence situation.
Phone: 1800 152 152 (free call, 24 hours)
The Northern Centre – We are all in this together
The Northern Centre continue to support people and families through these challenging and difficult times. Please get in touch with if you are:
- Concerned about your rental housing
- Have trouble putting food on the table
- Finding it really difficult with everyone at home all the time
- Finding managing your kids behavior or home learning challenging
- Worried about a friend or family member who may be experiencing domestic and family violence
- Experiencing domestic and family violence yourself
- Need legal advice around family law matters
- Feeling stressed, anxious, overwhelmed or fed up
- Need to talk to someone about what services can help them if The Northern Centre cannot.
Find a Bed
They are compiling a list of empty homes which can be used for self-isolation purposes.
Diocese of Broken Bay
Continuing to offer the following support via phone or video link Counselling, psychology, allied health including Medicare bulk billing, Financial counselling, Housing support, Domestic violence supports, Emergency relief – to support those in immediate need.
Phone: 9481 2600
Provides subsidised housing to people on low incomes or with special needs. During Covid19 services will be delivered by phone or e-mail rather than face to face. Please do not attend the Link Housing offices at Chatswood or West Ryde, unless essential.
Phone: 9412 5111
Legal Aid NSW
For specific COVID related assistance or see their website for more on specific topics.
Phone: 1300 888 529
Hornsby Kuringgai Women’s Shelter
Taldumande supports vulnerable and homeless children and young people aged 12-21, and their families. Support during this time will be over phone/email. Support can be offered in many ways, for instance, claiming Centrelink, connecting with a counsellor, etc. Please contact the head of the Taldumande intake team:
Phone: 9460 3777
Lists services supporting people experiencing homelessness.