2019 Road Safety Calendar
The 2019 Road Safety Calendar developed by Northern Sydney councils is now available!
The calendars are currently available while stocks last at Hornsby and Pennant Hills Libraries, Council’s Community Service, Hornsby & Berowra RSL, and at Council’s Customer Service desk and PCYC.
The calendar combines punchy graphics and humour to convey some serious road safety messages. It also aims to remind all road users to take responsibility for their actions on the road.
It lifts the lid on impact speed/braking times for wet and dry conditions that will make you sit up and take notice.
Plus, there’s a definitive explanation of correctly crossing at traffic lights and being aware around trucks, as well as a list of emergency contact numbers.
Month-by-month topics covered are:
- January: Indicators – A reminder to let other road users know what you’re doing on the road.
- February: Park and Walk – Encourages parents and carers to avoid the chaos around school zones by parking further away and walking.
- March: Courtesy – A reminder that a thank you wave can make someone’s day.
- April: Pedestrian Safety – Life doesn’t need more drama – stop, look, listen, think before crossing the road.
- May: U-turns – A dangerous manoeuvre especially in school zones.
- June: Truck Blind Spots – Never assume a truck driver can see you.
- July: Breakdown Safety – Safety tips if your car breaks down.
- August: Reverse Parking – The benefits of reversing in to a car parking space.
- September: Cyclists – A reminder to look out for cyclists and give them plenty of space on the road.
- October: Motorbike Safety – A reminder to look out for motorcyclists on the road.
- November: Safe Gap – Reduce the risk of a crash by leaving a 3 second gap.
- December: Distraction – Don’t take the risk of being distracted while driving.
The 2019 Road Safety Calendar is a collaboration of Hornsby, Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, Northern Beaches, North Sydney, and Ryde Councils.
Let us know what you think of the 2019 Road Safety Calendar. Go to:
AWARD FOR 2018 CALENDAR
The 2018 Road Safety Calendar (co-ordinated by Hornsby Shire Council) has won the NSW IPWEA Local Government Excellence in Road Safety Award.
IPWEA NSW is recognised as the leading professional association that effectively informs, connects, represents and leads public works professionals for NSW.
The 2018 Road Safety Calendar blended retro images with humour to convey some serious safety messages that brought a fresh and stylish approach to explain road safety rules. Rather than telling people what they should and should not be doing, or attempting to scare them with statistics and gory details of dangerous actions, the calendar encouraged people to modify their behaviour through the use of humour, style and old fashion courtesy.
The 2018 Road Safety Calendar was a collaboration of Hornsby, Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, Northern Beaches, North Sydney, Ryde and Willoughby Councils. It is provided FREE for road users of all ages across the northern Sydney region.