The Bower’s Collection & Rehoming Service
The Bower is an environmental charity that collects unwanted household furniture and items for reuse.
What is The Bower?
Do you have something you no longer want or need but it’s just too good to throw away? The Bower is a reuse and repair centre who take items that can be reused in their current state, repaired or repurposed.
For more information, Frequently Asked Questions and a list of acceptable and non-acceptable items, please visit The Bower website.
Hornsby Shire Council has an agreement with the Bower organisation to collect items from the following suburbs:-
- Berowra Heights
- Castle Hill
- Hornsby Heights
- Mt Colah
- Mt Kuringai
- North Epping
- Pennant Hills
- West Pennant Hills
- Berowra Waters
- Dangar Island
- Forest Glen
- Middle Dural
- Wisemans Ferry
How do I organise a collection?To organise a collection, please contact the Bower Collection and Rehoming Service via:-
Phone: 9568 6280 (Mon – Fri 10am to 5pm)
What happens when you call?
- The Bower staff will ask you a few simple questions to determine if your items can be reused by The Bower.
- The Collection and Rehoming Service will then arrange a date and time for your items to be collected.
- If the Collection and Rehoming Service cannot collect your items directly, they will refer you to one of more than 1000 organisations, charities, second hand stores and recycling services.
- You can also deliver your items directly to The Bower at Marrickville (Hut 34, 142 Addison Road) or Parramatta (Shop 1, 10 Hunter Street). While you’re there, take the time to peruse the goods they have on sale in their store. The Bower Marrickville is open 7 days a week from 10am to 5pm and The Bower Parramatta is open 6 days a week (closed Sunday) from 10am.
- You can call the Collection and Rehoming Service an unlimited number of times.
What do I if I live in a Multi Unit Dwelling?
Please contact your Building Manager or Owner's Coporation. If they are not aware of The Bower, please direct them to the Bower website http://bower.org.au for more information on how to organise a collection.