Bulky Waste Collection (Kerbside cleanup)
Hornsby Shire Council carries out regular Bulky Waste Collections, when residents can place large items on their nature strip to be picked up and taken to landfill or recycled.
Important information about kerbside cleanups
- Place items on the nature strip at the front of your property on the cleanup date.
- The maximum volume per collection is three cubic metres. If you exceed this amount you will be asked to remove it.
- Place metal items in a separate pile for recycling.
- Make sure items can be easily lifted by two people.
- Small items can go in you’re your red lid garbage bin.
- Cardboard can be put into your yellow lid recycling bin or taken to a SITA waste management station.
- Residents of medium density units must place their materials in the designated collection area.
- Council’s contractor has the right to refuse any unsuitable items.
Remember: Placing your bulky waste out too early is considered illegal dumping.
The following items CAN be put out for collection:
The following items WILL NOT be collected:
Please remember to place your bulky waste items out
- On the kerbside in front of your property
- One day only before your scheduled collection
- Away from the footpath
- Metals in a separate pile for recycling
- No dangerous goods or hazardous materials
- Place small items in your red lid garbage bin
- Items must be able to be easily and safely lifted by two people
- Items to be less than 2m in length
- Maximum volume per collect is 3m3