Bulky waste collection (kerbside cleanup)
Hornsby Shire Council carries out regular bulky waste collections, when residents can place large items on their nature strip to be picked up and taken to landfill or recycled.
Important information about kerbside cleanups
- Place items on the nature strip at the front of your property one day only before your scheduled collection.
- The maximum volume per collection is three cubic metres. If you exceed this amount you will be asked to remove it.
- Place metal items in a separate pile for recycling.
- Make sure items can be easily lifted by two people.
- Small items can go in your red lid garbage bin.
- Cardboard can be put into your yellow lid recycling bin or taken to a waste management centre.
- Residents of medium density units must place their materials in the designated collection area.
- Council has the right to refuse collection of any items.
Remember: Placing your bulky waste out front more than one day before your collection date is considered illegal dumping.
The following items CAN be put out for collection:
The following items WILL NOT be collected:|
Please remember to place your bulky waste items out:
- On the kerbside in front of your property
- One day only before your scheduled collection
- Away from the footpath
And please make sure:
- Metals are in a separate pile for recycling
- Small items are placed in your red lid garbage bin instead
- Items must be able to be easily and safely lifted by two people
- Items are less than 2m in length
- No more than three cubic metres per residence is left for collection