Off-leash dog areas
Hornsby Shire Council offers a number of areas where dogs and their owners can play together entirely unleashed.
Dedicated off-leash areas
There are six dedicated off-leash areas in Hornsby Shire:
- Asquith Park, Rotherwood St, Asquith
- Crossroads Reserve, corner Turner and Berowra Waters Rds, Berowra Heights
- Greenway Park, Shepherds Drive, Cherrybrook
- Rofe Park, Galston Rd, Hornsby Heights
- Ruddock Park, Eucalyptus Drive ,Westleigh
- Dawson Avenue Parkland, Dawson Ave, Thornleigh
All the areas are fully fenced with double gate entrances and have waste bins, dog waste bags and water.
Note: Hornsby Dog Training Club has exclusive use of Rofe Park on Sunday from 12:30pm to 4:30pm. No other dogs will be allowed on the park during this time frame.
Unfenced off-leash area
The site at Lyne Rd Reserve, Cheltenham, has water, waste bags and a bin, but no fence.
Shared off-leash areas
Two other shared sites are available.
- Epping Oval, Norfolk Rd, Epping
- Ron Payne Reserve, Woods St, North Epping
At both of these sites dogs are NOT PERMITTED during organised sport and games or maintenance activities.
Using off-leash areas
To ensure off-leash areas are safe and enjoyable for everyone, please consider other users and:
- Keep your dog in sight at all times;
- Make sure your dog is under control by voice;
- Pick up and dispose of all waste correctly;
- Do not let your dog rush at or harass other dogs and people;
- Keep your dog on a lead until it is inside the fenced area and put it back on a lead before leaving.
View Dog off-leash areas in a larger map