Section 94 Contributions
Council charges a contribution from developers towards the cost of providing local services and facilities that are required because of their development.
Section 94 Development Contributions Plan
The Hornsby Shire Council Section 94 Development Contributions Plan 2014 - 2024 came into force on 3 December 2015.
The S94 Plan applies to all new residential and commercial development including subdivision, new dwellings, seniors housing (excluding residential care facilities), retail premises, business and office premises.
The plan applies to residential accommodation which includes attached dwellings, dual occupancies, and secondary dwellings (granny flats).
- Hornsby Shire Council Section 94 Development Contributions Plan 2014 - 2024 - 3MB
- Contribution Rates - Applicable 1 January 2017 to 31 March 2017 - 17kb
Section 94A Development Contributions Plan
The S94A Plan applies to additions and alterations to residential development, alterations to commercial development, industrial development, residential care facilities and any other development.
Policy on Planning Agreements
In 2005 the NSW Government changed the laws governing developer contributions, allowing for planning agreements to be entered into.
Hornsby Shire Council has adopted a policy on planning agreements, which allows Council to enter into a voluntary agreement with a developer to make contributions for a public purpose. These contributions may be instead of, or in conjunction with, section 94 development contributions. Any agreement Council proposes to enter into, and the public purposes to be funded or provided, will be exhibited for public comment.
Past agreements are listed below:
- DA/1480/2014 – 2 Arrionga Place, Hornsby – VPA - $21,945.00 – offset for endangered native vegetation removal
- DA/1470/2009 - 39 Hannah Street, Beecroft - VPA - $20,000 - offset for endangered native vegetation removal
- DA/567/2010 - 5 Maroota Way, Beecroft - VPA - $9,450 - offset for endangered native vegetation removal
- DA/1370/2013 - 26-30 Orara Street and 39 Waitara Avenue, Waitara - VPA - dedication of open space at no cost to Council for future use as a local park - development to realise the theoretical development potential of the open space dedication area (had it remained zoned residential) on the balance of the land that is the subject of the DA
- DA/1398/2011 - 12 and 12B Surrey Street, EPPING - VPA - $63,384 - offset for endangered native vegetation removal
Previous Development Contributions Plans
- Section 94 Development Contributions Plan 2012 - 2021 - 3MB
- Section 94A Development Contributions Plan 2012 - 2021 - 1MB
- Section 94 Contributions Plan 2007-2011 - 3.3MB
- Section 94 Contributions Plan 2007-2011 - Schedule and Appendices - 4.9MB
- Section 94 Contribution Rates 2007-2012 - 1 January - 31 March 2012 - 11kb
- Section 94 Contribution Rates 2007-2012 - 1 April - 30 June 2012 - 17kb
- Section 94 Contribution Rates 2007-2012 - 1 July - 30 September 2012 - 8kb
- Section 94 Contribution Rates 2007-2012 - 01 October - 31 December 2012 - 10kb
- Section 94 Contribution Rates 2007-2012 - 01 January - 31 March 2013 - 14kb
- Section 94 Contribution Rates 2007-2013 - 1 July to 30 September 2013 - 16kb
- Section 94 Contributions Plan 2012-2021 Rates - 1 October to 31 December 2013 - 16kb
- Development Contributions Plan 2004-2010 - 1.1MB
- Development Contributions Plan 1998-2003 - 1.5MB
- Development Contributions Plan 1993-1998 - 515kb
- July 2015 to June 2016 - 330kb
- July 2014 to June 2015 - 170kb
- July 2013 to June 2014 - 90kb
- July 2012 to June 2013 - 82kb
- July 2011 to June 2012 - 88kb
- July 2010 to June 2011 - 77kb
- July 2009 to June 2010 - 83kb
- July 2008 to June 2009 - 65kb
- July 2007 to June 2008 - 36kb
- July 2005 to June 2006 - 84kb
- July 2004 to June 2005 - 62kb
- July 2000 to April 2004 - 395kb
- April 1998 to June 2004 - 51kb
- July 1989 to June 2000 - 1.6MB