This specification has been compiled to instruct developers, their consultants and contractors as to Council’s minimum standards for design and construction of engineering works associated with subdivisions and other developments.
Hornsby Shire Council design and construction specification includes the following.
- AUS-SPEC Specifications – Construction
- AUS-SPEC Specifications – Design
- Hornsby Shire Council Standard Drawings
Terms and Conditions
- NATSPEC retains copyright of all AUS-SPEC material
- Hornsby Shire Council grants a non-exclusive Licence to the end user for the use of Council’s edited version of AUS-SPEC Specifications and hereafter referred to as “AUS-SPEC”.
- AUS-SPEC will only be used for works where Hornsby Shire Council is a Consent Authority for, or owner or operator or manager of, assets, or consultant to same.
- No copying or modification of AUS-SPEC documents is permitted.
- The user shall be responsible for the correct application of AUS-SPEC. The end user acknowledges that NATSPEC and Hornsby Shire Council have no control over and cannot influence the circumstance in which AUS-SPEC may be used by the end user and, accordingly, the end user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NATSPEC and Hornsby Shire Council against all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs or losses whatsoever which may be brought, commenced or made against them, either jointly or separately, or which may be suffered by them or any of them in respect of the use of AUS-SPEC.
- Designers needing to modify an AUS-SPEC specification must become AUS-SPEC Subscribers. Breach of copyright may be interpreted by the courts as making an illegal specification, hence making it invalid. Become a subscriber at the NATSPEC website.
- This Licence is personal and shall not be assigned, and the user shall not allow any other person to use or have access to AUS-SPEC.
- This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales.
- These Licence conditions are deemed to have been accepted by the end user.