Draft Hornsby Local Environmental Plan
Under State Government planning reforms, all NSW councils are required to prepare a new Local Environment Plan in accordance with the State Government’s Standard Instrument template. Accordingly, Council has prepared a new Plan and it has been certified for exhibition by the Department of Planning and Infrastructure (DP&I). The draft Hornsby Local Environmental Plan (HLEP) is principally a translation of Council’s existing Plan, the Hornsby Shire Local Environment Plan 1994, into the new Local Environmental Plan format. When made, the draft HLEP will determine what can be developed and where. The draft HLEP will also determine how much development can occur.
The draft HLEP was exhibited for community comment between 5 June and 7 August 2012. The draft Hornsby Development Control Plan (HDCP) was exhibited concurrently with the draft HLEP. A total of 155 submissions were received on the draft HLEP and/or draft DHCP during the two month exhibition period.
The issues identified in the submissions in relation to the draft HLEP have been addressed in Group Managers Report No. 54/12 considered by Council at its meeting on 19 December 2012. The Report notes that a number of minor amendments are required to be made to the draft HLEP. The recommended amendments are inconsequential and do not warrant the re-exhibition of the Plan. Accordingly, Council resolved to endorse the draft HLEP for forwarding to the DP&I for its making subject to the minor amendments identified in the report and submit the draft Plan for its making.
Council also resolved that issues identified in submissions that are beyond the scope of a translation or would delay the making of the Plan are to be dealt with by various other methods. These methods include preparing a planning proposal to inform an amendment to the draft HLEP, considering the matter further as part of a future strategic planning project, or inviting the planning proposal to be accompanied by the necessary studies for consideration on its merits.
The complete Council resolution can be viewed below or under Progress Updates.
Council Report Links
- Group Managers Report No. 54/12
- Schedule A - Recommendations to Progress draft HLEP (pdf)
- Report on Submissions (pdf)
- SJB Planning Consultant - Issues Papers (pdf)
- Council Resolution - 19 December 2012
Revised Draft HLEP Links
- Revised Written Instrument (pdf)
- Revised Explanatory Notes (pdf)
- Revised Map Cover Sheet (pdf)
- Revised Land Application Map (pdf)
- Revised Land Zoning Map (pdf)
- Revised Additional Permitted Uses Map (pdf)
- Revised Lot Size Map (pdf)
- Revised Height of Building Map (pdf)
- Revised Floor Space Ratio Map (pdf)
- Revised Land Reservation Acquisition Map (pdf)
- Revised Heritage Map (pdf)
- Revised Foreshore Building Line Map (pdf)
- Revised Acid Sulfate Soils Map (pdf)
- Revised Biodiversity Map (pdf)
- Revised Flood Prone Land Map (pdf)
- View the Draft Hornsby LEP - Exhibition Documents
- View the draft Hornsby Local Environmental Plan Maps by Suburb - Exhibition Documents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Progress Updates
- Draft Hornsby DCP
For more information, please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Branch
Phone: +61 2 9847 6726