Draft Hornsby DCP
Under State Government planning reforms, only one Development Control Plan is to apply to a parcel of land. Accordingly, the draft Hornsby Development Control Plan (HDCP) has been prepared to complement the draft Hornsby Local Environmental Plan (HLEP) and consolidate Council's existing thirty two Development Control Plans into one. Specifically, the draft HDCP has been prepared to:
- Reflect recent planning studies and legislation;
- Consolidate controls and delete repetition;
- Remove outdated or obsolete controls and references; and
- Provide links to policy and legislation.
When made, the draft HDCP will provide simple guidance on how development may occur.
The draft HDCP was exhibited for community comment between 5 June and 7 August 2012. The draft HLEP was exhibited concurrently with the draft HDCP. A total of 155 submissions were received on the draft HLEP and/or draft HDCP during the two month exhibition period.
The issues identified in the submissions in relation to the draft HDCP have been addressed in Group Managers Report No. 55/12 considered by Council at its meeting on 19 December 2012. The Report notes that a number of minor amendments are required to be made to the draft HDCP.
Accordingly, Council resolved to adopt the HDCP, subject to a number of minor amendments. The complete Council resolution can be viewed below or in under Progress Updates. The revised draft HDCP will come into effect after the gazettal of the draft HLEP and upon notification being placed in local newspapers.
Council Report Links
- Group Managers Report No. 55/12
- Schedule A - Table of Amendments to draft HDCP - 100kb
- Report on Submissions - 2.3MB
- SJB Planning Consultant - Issues Papers - 2858kb
- Council Resolution - 19 December 2012
Revised Draft HDCP links
Please note, this section is currently being updated and pdfs will be available soon.
- Revised Table of Contents - 376kb
- Revised Part 1- General - 612kb
- Revised Part 2 - Rural - 3.4MB
- Revised Part 3 - Residential - 6.2MB
- Revised Part 4 - Business - 8.6MB
- Revised Part 5 - Industrial - 850kb
- Revised Part 6 - Subdivision - 412kb
- Revised Part 7 - Community - 416kb
- Revised Part 8 - River Settlements - 2.3MB
- Revised Part 9 - Heritage - 3.3MB
- Revised Annexures - 2.9MB
For more information contact Strategic Planning Branch.
Phone +61 9847 6726